RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

250 usd, launch in 2-3 days. New Knowles 31 series is a driver done in cooperation with Knowles themselves. So not an off-the-shelf driver.

Looks epic to me.

9 Likes

That graph looks great Indeed, unfortunately nothing from GS Audio above 180€ VAT in seems to ship to France anymore. GT8 tops :man_shrugging:

Strange, have you contacted and asked about it?

I haven’t, because I don’t have any short-term intention to buy anything and I feel like I have abused them with questions last summer :sweat_smile:
I will hapilly wait with GD3A until your next S-tier recommendation :wink:

About the new Knowles driver I don’t know if the number is as significant as with Sonion, it’s more the first letters isn’t it ? Exemple with FiiO FA9 below.

Its in the 31 series lineup. But you wont find anything on it because it is a driver done in cooperation with knowles.

1 Like

Hey guys. I have done a ton of reading here, and I know most of your opinions about gaming with iem’s and I know open headphones are better. But, I have 2 chronic pain issues that are gradually making wearing even the lightest clamp headphones not only painful but effecting my vision, so ranked gaming suffers a little. I may have to stop wearing headphones completely. In that case, I would have to game wtih iems with no choice. So with that in mind, I did some research, I want to stay under 500 bucks.

Oxygen
Blessing 2 Dusk
Fiio FD5

I am leaning towards the FD5 for the stage, although imaging seems better on others which is equally important. They will be used for music and movies too, through a schiit stack magni/modi3+. My previous headphones are K712 pros (stage too big and I found directional imaging not that good), DT 1990 (amazing all round, but I had to send the back because they aggravated my jaw and head injuries, same with DT 900 pro x) and my favourite set are Tygr 300r, they clamp light, stage and image incredibly, but they are are also quite fun for movies and ok for music. I also own Bose QC35II. As for buds I have Starfields, 1more comfo buds pro and Sony WF1000mx4 (if anything could sound, stage and image like these sony wireless, they would be amazing for me for FPS and beyond I really enjoy them)

I have competed professionally in CoD some years back, but now mostly I just play ranked Apex. So semi competitive not as serious as I was before I washed up.

Please forgive my noobiness, but I am in pain when I want to game and its driving me insane. And the difference in opinions for iems are wild. I know I will lose out on some staging going iem but I am ok with that, can keep a reasonable high standard with the Starfields which I bought during jaw injury. What I need help with is before putting down midfi prices, which would sound and image like those I already enjoy, or at least be in the same ball park?

3 Likes

Clarity is also a thing to consider for FPS.

Under $500 you say?
I’ll add in a “budget” recommendation: Mangird Tea :joy:
It’ll also be in a bundle sale on Linsoul on 11.11

I can’t speak for Blessing 2 Dusk, but I have Variations, and I can say Variations’ forward clarity can’t compete with Tea (about 85% of Tea). Stage wise, Variations is a bit wider than Tea, but Tea wins again on pinpoint imaging.

1 Like

Can you use the Koss KSC75?

Otherwise, for iems I say the Tanchjim Oxygen is your nr 1 bet.

ORRR

You can go with the superior earbuds. Like the K´s LBBS.

4 Likes

Honestly tea was on my short list too, I think I more forgot to add it then left it out, thanks.

I wouldn’t risk those, seem a little bit of a step down from what I already have too. I should also mention I can get FD5 under 200 and have a much easier time returning if I don’t like them over the other options. Also part of why I leaned towards them

LBBS is godly. Beats the Oxygen.

@nymz would agree.

I never heard the oxygen, but it shits on everything I’ve heard up to Teas. Loses to teas on everything but still has better timbre :slight_smile:

1 Like

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238

3 Likes

The Teas get absolutely obliterated in coherency by the Oxygen ٩( ‘ω’ )و

(to be honest tho, most DD + BA Hybrids do)

2 Likes

Oh yeah, forgot about coherency, but that’s pretty implicit! What I meant was stage, imaging, resolution, bass, slam, mids and treble (personal tho).

Timbre and coherency goes to single DD no chance to others.

LBBS are a monster, that was the point. Together with ST1, they are my sub 300$ recs.

1 Like

Yeah, I can agree with most of that.

The LBBS are Earbuds if I‘m not mistaken?

I personally found that single DDs or all BA configurations are usually the best when it comes to coherency. Good Tribrids usually come close after them. But Hybrids are usually a good amount behind, at least all that I have heard. I wonder why that is.

https://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/202111/05/54004.html

Radius will release a clear model, kinda interesting.

4 Likes

2021-11-05: Double review.

Tanchjim Tanya: Tanchjim Tanya - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Tanchjim filters, Elecom EHP-CAP20 AND the iem is great. Cant say no to this.

LZ A4 Pro: LZ A4 PRO - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

-.-

7 Likes

After your suggestion @Rikudou_Goku and reading/watching some reviews, I had decided on getting the tri i3 pro which seems to be an excellent choice for my library (electronic music, mainly dnb). However, I read your review where you state “Not a set I would recommend to be used outside due to the isolation”. I would be mainly use it while walking outside. Is the isolation that bad, even with playing music loudly? If the answer is yes, do you have a similar recommendation (with better isolation) up to ~400$?

I can’t rec it in that case. And especially if you wanna compensate with a higher volume.

I can only think of the ikko oh10 as an alternative. Although that is heavy so if you wanna use it for longer session… Yeah, rip.

2 Likes