RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

2021-11-08: 11/11 Recommendation list:

(Only included stuff I have heard and with good sale prices.)

• Fiio FD5
  • KZ DQ6
  • K´s LBBS
  • LZ A7
  • Moondrop Chaconne
  • Tanchjim Oxygen
  • Tanchjim Tanya
  • Tri I3 Pro

Not really a good sale this time tbh…

10 Likes

Thank you very much for your help. I am a bit sad now because I was really looking forward to trying the tri i3 pro. Well, I may go with the ikko oh10 and hope that the weight won’t bother me. I was looking at the AUDIOSENSE DT600 as well but I do not know if it is suitable for electronic music. Any other recommendation up to ~400 is still welcome.

Its impressive for BA iem in that regard. But for that genre, DD bass is better. You could take a look at the LZ A7/Fiio FD5.

3 Likes

2021-11-09: Audiosense DT600: AUDIOSENSE DT600 - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Their redemption arc after the failure called the DT300.
My nr 1 BA iem right now, although I suspect it will have to run for its place when I get the GS Audio GT12x lol.

4 Likes

How does the moondrop variations stack against those in terms of bass (for electronic music, mainly dnb)? Because I just saw it will go on sale while the LZ A7 and the Fiio FD5 won’t. I think @Resolution and @nymz have tested the variations as well, so your opinion would also be greatly appreciated.

I can help you with it. What iem do you own and do u have acess to PEQ at this moment?

My current iem is shure se215 and I do not have access to peq atm.

Variations has a lot of compromise on mid-bass, to the point of affecting kick drums, bass guitars and male vocals (reason I sold it). I don’t like it for your kind of library, but, it’s needless to say it’s a very detailed IEM, specially for that price and will overshadow a lot of other IEMs on that price range. If you’re a bass-head, I’d not rec it, but it’s sub-bass and treble are VERY good (one of the best in class, let alone for price).

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. It is not for me then. I may go with the lz a7, because it seems like the ideal starter iem as @Resolution has said or I may hit you up for the fh3 in order to save money for something like the monarch in the distant future.

1 Like

Both the a7 and the fd5 are on sale on aliexpress. Pretty big savings actually.

Oh lol, practically anything is going to be better than it nowadays.

4 Likes

I will have to pay taxes and customs from aliexpress though. So I am stuck with hifigo.

I never heard it, but it’s a good starting point for knowing your preferences. Lots of configs.

You better talk about it with Riku. It’s pretty public my hate for FH3.

EJ07m for 470$ on aliexpress looking at you with a smile :wink: (+20$ for Tanya with filters tho.)

1 Like

Use the PayPal method

I have no idea what this method is. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Don’t listen to the fh3 haters! Pull the trigger!

4 Likes

Pmed about it.

1 Like

The FH3 are a really good set imo. Rikus tastes and mine differ a lot, but his recc of the FH3 was spot on and I‘m glad I bought it after asking him about it.

7 Likes

could you pm me about this method too if it saves me money >:)

Sent. :+1:

One more? Sorry!