RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Done. :+1:

1 Like

sorry, could you DM me as well (I usually pay via PayPal so you have grabbed my interest :+1:)

Thanks.

One more please! Thank you :raised_hands:

Sorry, would you mind sending me the info on the PayPal method as well please?

I’m not sure I’m really interested, but I guess you won’t mind sending one more PM (to me), @Rikudou_Goku :wink:

RG hittin’ that copy and paste today

1hlmx9

7 Likes

I was about to say the same thing. Much appreciated nevertheless!

For folks who have received pms, I just need to know, is it a method that can be used all across AliExpress with PayPal and a game changer? I’ll only be interested if it is :sweat_smile:

Pm
Ten character

1 Like

You need to make arrangements with the seller basically. And then it will affect final declared value (hopefully).

1 Like

2021-11-11: Tin Hifi P1 Plus

Tin Hifi P1 Plus impressions:

Bass: Not anemic like the OG P1, but still very lacking in quantity for me. Very clean due to the speed and tightness, decent texture.

Mids: excellent vocals both male and female tonality are great.

Treble: on the warmer side, not peaky at all, clean. Upper-treble doesn’t kill my ears like it did on the OG P1.

Overall: They seem to have fixed the issues I had with the OG P1, namely the anemic bass, upper-treble, energy efficiency and timbre. Very impressed by it.

Regarding the 11/11 sale, I definitely wont be able to finish the review in time, so I just go ahead and say that if you want a planar, I will definitely recommend this. (and if you can use EQ, it might be killing a few iems at the 300 usd range.)

Side-note: Responds excellent with EQ, probably what Tin Hifi had in mind seeing how flat it is. Potential S territory with EQ.

10 Likes

How does the lack of pinna gain sound without EQ?

Its not a problem, since the bass is flat. It is making the Timeless sound harsh (and peaky treble) lol.

3 Likes

Will you try taping the vent on the plus?

No, but I will have an PEQ section with some comparisons.

PEQ is always better than tape mode from my experience.

3 Likes

Just got these:

Koss KPH14: (earbud/headphone hybrid)
Very bright, less bass and more treble than the Koss KSC75. Fit is very secure, but feels weird at first. Headband adjustment is very short, asian/women sized I guess.

Philips SHS3300BK: Tuned to be used without foams (mainstream consumption), but has a 3k peak that way. Put on a foam, and it actually sounds pretty decent.
(with foams)
Mid-bass bud, with very little sub-bass. Vocals are decent but timbre isnt that good. treble is on the warmer side.
This one has potential, will spend more time with it after my backlog is gone. (Oh, and that fit/comfort is excellent as you might be able to tell from the design.)

1 Like

Oh Philips my sweet sommer child. We should open a bicycle recommended thread. I have a shitload of headphones and IEMs but very few of them are recommended for road biking. The best and last survivor of this genre was the Philips Fidelio L1 which is no longer sold. What a pity. Philips is the archetype of a schizophrenic company the discrepancy of borderline genious and crappy products is borderline.

Back to the topic of bicycle headphones the Fidelios L1 were the most pleasant to me but far far from perfect. If someone has a rec for a fellow road biker let me know!

PS: I hope I don’t have to mention what makes a good bicycle headphone. If you know you know my fellow bikers

@Rikudou_Goku how do you find the noise floor and sound stage between the ZEX and DQ6? I find my ZEX a bit irritating due to its noise floor, wondering if the 3DD DQ6 actually reduces noise floor and increases sound stage?

Dont have the ZEX. But maybe its your source? I didnt hear any hiss on the NRA with the Asgard 3.

1 Like

The ZEX noise floor was present not only on xDuoo MT-602 (normal) but also FiiO K3 (very slight). I think it’s just the electrostat is very sensitive