RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Looks like a generic type like the ones XINHS cables come in :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I have this case, and while it has a nice linen-like texture on the outside, the zip is not high quality. I prefer the Tripowin x HBB Mele box (and zip).

it’s definitely a generic type i’m just wondering which generic type it is, i’ve used one before that came with est 112s that i resold on ebay, sorta wish i kept the case now, i’d be pretty surprised if dunu were making their own cases, i’ve got a couple xinhs cases too they’re the 2nd best besides the dunu cases imo

1 Like

honestly dont know, XINHS has the closest looking case though.

2 Likes

(GD3C)

5 Likes

2021-11-25: Shuoer EJ07m: LETSHUOER (Shuoer) EJ07M - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

A great complement to the Dunu EST112.

9 Likes

Hi

I just received the Fearless Provence and it exhibits many GS Audio tech choices. Similar construction to GD3A, with more bass quantity and slams significantly more than GD3A due to mid-bass focus on Provence. Nice fast impactful kickdrums.
So, they can do it the way I like with that side-tubed DD and much likely they will be able to do great on GD3C with your target FR. Just be patient :wink:

(Fast notes : no vent - great build - no 5-6 kHz peak - bit less treble extension than GD3A - same mids quality but colored by mid-bass)

Cheers

4 Likes

I’m rather gobsmacked by the quality of Faaeal Iris 1.0 earphones. Fancied some light headphones with similar-ish signature to PX-100 II, and various Koss’s. Heard that these packed a good punch, and hit similar notes.

Very happy I listened to the recommendations. They’re great.

1 Like

Black Friday sale:
KZ BA10
CCA CRA

1 Like

2021-11-28: 100 IEMS Ranked!

Batch ranking:

Iems:

Intime Sora Light 2019: A (hard to recommend due to QC and hard to buy it for people outside Japan)

Sennheiser CX400BT: B

Sony WF-1000XM3: B+

Earbuds:

Koss KPH14i: D-

Philips SHS3300: D

Headphones:

Audio Technica ATH-R70x: A+

At this point, I have 100 iems, 36 earbuds and 15 headphones ranked. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

With 4 more iems (KZ BA10, CCA CRA, Tanchjim ECHO and GS Audio GT12x) and 4 more earbuds (K´s K300, Qian39, ShoonTH ESEP-01BL and Astrotec Lyra Nature Limited Edition on the way right now.

6 Likes

2021-11-29:
IMG_20211129_135015.jpg
IMG_20211129_135241.jpg
IMG_20211129_135454.jpg
IMG_20211129_135549.jpg
IMG_20211129_135527.jpg
ShoonTH ESEP-01BL mini review:

Non-sound: Microphonic cable, plastic/metal shell, inferior to MX500 shells in comfort/fit for me.

Sub-bass: poor extension and lack of rumble, doesn’t have much quantity and lacks texture, not particularly fast or tight despite the low quantity.

Mid-bass: A little bit elevated, decent texture is on the tighter/faster side.

Mids: Warm vocals, good tonality with both male and female, forward as well. Pretty clean as well.

Treble: warm vocals but is airy, not peaky but well-tuned.

Technicalities: Average soundstage, but impressive imaging and separation. Detail is average.

Overall: I don’t really think it is worth the price of around 30 usd. Its only a bit better than buds around 10 usd technically, and tonality wise at least for my library is inferior to those buds (Yincrow X6 & Faaeal Iris 2.0 for example). You are better off getting the K´s LBBS instead or sub 10 usd buds.

3 Likes

2021-12-02: LZ A7 mod (KZ DQ6 upgrade)

Just a headsup, if you put tuning foams into the black filters on pop settings, it sounds very close to an upgraded KZ DQ6 + Tuning foams.

graph - 2021-12-02T184122.821.png

graph - 2021-12-02T184139.463.png

graph - 2021-12-02T184912.457.png

graph - 2021-12-02T185336.406.png

All you need is this:

(high density version)

1. Remove the stock metal filter on the nozzle (the side that is going into your ears) by using something like a needle or a sim card ejector.

IMG_20211202_190308.jpg

(irreversible since it seems you cant remove it without putting a hole in it.)

IMG_20211202_190359.jpg

Take one piece of tuning foams, and put it into the nozzle where there is now a hole. (one piece per side.)

Should look something like this now. Done :+1:

IMG_20211202_190417.jpg

Pop-red + high-density tuning foams > Pop-red

Bonus:
Also, if you dont have tuning foams but do have the filters that comes with the Tanchjim iems, you could substitute the foams for those filters and the results should be similar.

4 Likes

I’ve tried the Tanchjim filters on DQ6 since I now have the O2 and…I was disappointed. I thought that it made it sound thick and narrowed the soundstage.
After some A/B testing with my other IEMs I came to the conclusion that it was great for rock/metal which is what people have been saying all along. That’s about 2% of my library these days.

Am I the only one to notice a strange timbre while listening to classical music with DQ6 giving instruments a sort of metallic sound to them?

I tried my best but I’ll be selling my DQ6 while I wait for the ZEX Pro.

1 Like

O2 filter reduces the treble a lot AND increases the bass.

So thats not a surprise.

But I suggest that you try the high density tuning foams:

(they work like magic for the DQ6 and a lot of other sets as well.)

3 Likes

Based on your graph, it looks like the filter reduces the upper mid range. I believe that the issue i have is with the area from 4k to 10k that’s too high and spiky.
The other issue i have with the bass is the lack of energy around 3k. I think it makes the low end too warm.
The good thing is I’m learning more and more about what i like and what i don’t.

1 Like

Aa right, 4k+ isn’t affected that much by foams/tanch filters.

I have ordered a lot of other tuning materias so I will see if there is something that can affect the 5k range besides the 2-4k range.

Nothing I’ve tried so far has completely fixed the treble in the DQ6, just made it bearable more of the time.

1 Like

Have you tried EQ?

It’s not something I like to bother with moving between devices and operating systems, so I haven’t.

2 Likes

Same experience here. I just moved along 🤷

1 Like