RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Buds 2 should be similar in shape to the buds pro I think?

The Echo is more functional for me than the pro, because the round shape on the pro makes me accidentally touch the touch controls way too often. Very annoying and the shape of the shell + oval nozzle makes the fit quite bad to me. Echo does not have that problem for me.

Of course the Echo doesnt have any ANC, ambient mode or any other tws functions like that (no app either).

3 Likes

apps/extras aren’t really relevant (only ever really used ambient sound and i’d rather just have one earbud in instead) the buds pro are a little uncomfier based on other reviews compared to the buds 2 but it has the same touch control problem (god i hate touch controls i’d rather have none) + i haven’t tried them myself, so i’ll be picking up the echo soon, thanks!

do they still work fine with just one bud in i’d imagine they would but if not it’d be a dealbreaker

Yeah, I dont rly care too much about ANC/ambient mode, never use them anyway…

Leaving one unit in the case and just using one? No problem. It has no auto-stop (pausing music when you take one out of your ears) feature like most mainstream tws have.

1 Like

perfect, will pick up soon, thanks!

1 Like

I use it with this mod:

3mm Y6, put it on the inner vent + another echo filter (included) on the nozzle.

If you want less bass, you just need to try some of the other ones, like Y5 or Y4.

2 Likes

Man that modded Echo has a great graph. And thanks for the fair warning on the N400 — used Galaxy Buds are so much cheaper, good to know the N400 aren’t providing anything better.

yeah, I might play around with it more with other mods later, it definitely has mod potential.

Its pretty obvious that the driver quality in the N400 is pretty bad compared to the buds pro, as the tech just fell apart after some slight mods…
(not to mention the tws stuff.)

1 Like

bought, will try y4 + y6, i’m not too much of a bass head

2 Likes

Are you not skipping the new, more expensive, Periodic Audio line up ? C’mon. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

More seriously, interested to see you succeed in suppressing the CRA’s 5k peak and launch that first collab. I would be in :+1:t2:

(I went and checked lol)

Yeah, I hope I can work some magic on it. A collab would indeed be awesome.

1 Like

You’d need a logo, wouldn’t you ?

Maybe…im not rly a fan of logos personally tbh.

I can’t wait for Dunu SA4 feedback. It looks like it is planned as ~200-250$ set and if it would have anything in common with SA6 in terms of apparent sound signature I am all in.

Btw it looks quite similar to some famous set around…

2 Likes

Its 300 usd.

1 Like

Rumor says the designer is a cult member.

:tea:

6 Likes

Do they use those vented BA woofers like on the SA6?

Not the same BA. These are from Knowles. (According to google translate.)

1 Like

Ok, on Lazada it is 1270 RMB, which is less than 200$… 300 would be over my limit then.

Ed: damn, it is Malaysian currency (RM = MYR) not renminbi RMB

oh btw.

LCP and metal shell. 17 usd in lucky bag.

2 Likes

Thank you @Tfaduh for gifting N400 to me, @nymz and @Rikudou_Goku. It was a very generous gesture which I deeply appreciate. :heart: Now prepare to get crème de la crème KZs shipped to down under :grin:

4 Likes