RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Yes, faaeal is quite confusing.

If it has a cable like this:

It should be the 2.0.

Dont spend too much though, majority of the branded buds at the higher priced are extremely overpriced and do not have anything to justify it IMO.

1 Like

Guess I gotta apologize to your wallet. :rofl:

But hey, at least buds are the cheapest transducers and the best in value.

@Rikudou_Goku well then, I have the 1.0 it seems. Mine have a white, super soft cable, it feels quite nice albeit pretty memory prone. Like I said, the build is far better than I ever expected for a sub $10 item.

Dude, my wallet needs absolutely no apologies :sweat_smile: it’s been crying for the last 6 months, trust me. I’ve spent more on this hobby in the last months than I have the last 11 years so, trust me … no apologies needed :sweat_smile: that’s definitely a good tip because I’ve seen some FiiO buds around $300 and that made me step back a bit. In a few months time I assume I’ll be on the hunt for something sub $100 for sure. I know just the man to go to :sunglasses:

1 Like

About that Fiio: Earbuds Round-Up | Page 4056 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

1 Like

Well then … no need to show off, Mr. Rik :sweat_smile: kidding, jeez …. I know the sets you have now will most likely be sold through once I’m ready to upgrade but I’m hoping you make some more!

1 Like

oh dont worry, i will make more in my next DIY batch, along with some other models. Like my Lancer 1 and Alter Archer 1.

I did ran out of stock atm, but thats specifically because I ran out of foams lol. If anyone really wants the Berserker 1, I can make them but I wont be able to include much foams.

That’s good to know, man! Also, have you ever considered making somewhat of a ‘vlog’ documenting the process? I’m sorry if there already is, I may have missed it. I’d be interested to see the process honestly. And further more, if someone wanted specific hardware like, a black cable with gold accents could you do that or?

Beyond this guide: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PRXhXgAr8N-EiNk3K9Cuqd36LeS5JB7ZuFDAgJbTCm8/htmlview
(made by master Rary.)

And the info (specific driver I use) I got on my database:

I dont really have anything more. But I will make a proper “official” post here and in my discord server regarding my naming scheme, “house tuning” and lineup explanation. (whenever im done procrastinating lol.)

I dont really think I will do that, as during the process if something goes wrong I might not have enough stock to make another one and it will also add some stress on me. I prefer to make smaller batches at my own pace and reveal them when they are available.

1 Like

Holy crap … this is incredible. I’ll be reading this throughout the day for sure, I’ve always been interested as to how exactly IEMs and in this case buds, are tuned and overall even manufactured. Thanks for that, man!

I definitely understand that. I really hope you’re successful with this venture giving you a bit more liberty with more sets as well as customizable possibilities!
I’ll be following it for sure.

1 Like

yeah, its honestly not hard to make your own in terms of the building aspect and it can be quite fun (when nothing goes wrong :rofl:).

1 Like

When you enter the mass production phase, you will have to license Chi-Chi and Bulma for the box art.

1 Like

haha, I might have an easter egg in my Grand Classes.

Actually, here are the lineups:

Archer
Assassin
Berserker
Caster
Lancer
Rider
Saber

+Alter & Grand variations of the basic 7 classes

1 Like

So many Rikubuds incoming…

By the way, are there any good “front firing” (Apple Earpods Style) earphones? Would imagine that this design could actually fit better / more secure and is less position sensitive.

1 Like

I am trying out an experiment where I will put a BA inside the earpods shell. I expect it to be a meme though.

Besides that I havent really considered doing anything more with that shell.

I am focusing on MX500 shells atm, I am gonna try the real PK shells though (coming with my next big batch) and I have also ordered some sandalwood shells as well.

1 Like

Question was more in general, not related to Your DIY project. If You heard earphones with that shell and liked them, they are all crap or there are barely any at all with this kind of shell.

oh lol, I have only tried the Yincrow RW-100 with a similar shell. its worse than their X6. Not sure if there is potential in that shell type tbh.

I bought this along with my other DIY stuff on taobao:

2 DD around 25 usd. Hopefully this is a better DQ6 and the other DD is actually working unlike the DQ6 lol. I probably need to use tuning foams in it as well though.

7 Likes

hey rg
what’s your recommended DQ6 mod? 1d16 foam or high density foam? Maybe 500mesh filter?

Received my Rikubuds Berserker 1 just after two days (Sweden - Germany)

Not a big review autor so just some quick info.

-Cable is nice and flexible with overall correct braiding. Have paid like 50 bucks for headphone cables that weren’t as nice. Solid aluminium termination and Y-split.
-Comes with a nice case and more than enough foams in shell color and black.
-MX500 provides a great fit as usually.
-Soundwise I got what I expected, an upgrade over the X6. It keeps the extension and the rumble of the X6, with better bass texture and improves on upper mids and treble for more detail.

9 Likes

high density tuning foams.