RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Yes, thats how it works in peak filters. Where it affects how narrow or wide the effect will be.

But in this case, its because I am using a low-shelf filter, that will affect everything under the specified hz. And a Q value is just how the shelf will be adjusted.

(Oh and that graph in my post is NOT the effect the PEQ has, its just a stock vs filterless config.)

Play around with this tool:

You can see what the PEQ does here.

2 Likes

You made me go listen to the Diablo 2 soundtrack…

4 Likes

How are buds for gaming? Not hard-core “I need to hear footsteps creeping up on me” gaming - but just casual MMO or single player RPG. I like the form factor.

1 Like

I used iris 2.0 for COD Mobile and i could hear footsteps creeping up on me pretty accurately …!
the only real issue of these (as ricodou said) is sub-bass. and the fact that it doesn’t perform as good in higher volumes … and maybe not taking EQ that well … but that’s nitpicking for an $8 product…!
I really like it…! I can use it no EQ required. but CRA for example, absolutely needs EQ (or mod) for me…!
( I have Qian39 and LBBS on the way… lets see how are those!!)

1 Like

Best game ever. Great soundtrack :love_you_gesture:

Better than iems at least. Although I use my koss ksc75 for that since they got even better comfort for me.

1 Like

Oh right, some feedback I got from my Berserker 1:

Still got 4 left atm. :smirk:

Edit: 3 left

3 Likes

I’m new to headphones and never have heard of this Koss … can you compare it to some earbuds? Iris 2.0 or Qian39 for example … I wonder how are these compared (comfort and bass are important factors for me)

The KSC75 is better than most bright-neutral buds in that same price range.

In terms of bass, it does roll-off quite a bit though, so if you want bass it is not the one you want. (something like the Koss KPH30i would be better.)

Comfort though, its my nr 1 transducer in that regard, god-tier level for me. It basically feels like it is floating a bit away from your ears and there is no heat generation at all, unlike other headphones.

1 Like

I was ok with Iris 2.0 bass. I wish it had more subbass but it was OK … would you say Koss is comparable to that?

no the ksc75 has less bass.

1 Like

:rofl:

6 Likes

Let the battle begin.

3 Likes

The Iris’ came in and I have a small update.

These are ridiculous for the price. $8. These are. Eight dollars.

What?! I listened to them this morning for the first time for about an hour and they’re warm, and lush, with absolutely no harshness in the sound. Vocals come off as fairly natural, with a color to them that makes it a very relaxing listen. Not too resolving, however, I felt that maybe it could be a good thing from time to
Time. I’ve been listening to a lot of IEMs the past 2 months, pretty much daily and it’s taken a toll on my ears, needless to say.

They are perfect for podcasts. Super comfortable, and that open feeling you get from the lack of seal is actually a nice little change of pace for me. I listened to some music as well and while they aren’t anywhere near my favorite in my small collection, they have they’re own flavor to them that is quite nice. I suspect they’ll be great for gaming as well. The stage feels quite spacious, and the imaging is surprisingly good. Not amazing, or even great, but good.

Oh man … @Rikudou_Goku what have you done?! :smiling_face_with_tear: another rabbit hole for me to diverge in? I’m still In the tunnels of IEMs dammit!

2 Likes

Keep in mind, my bud graphs all have that big ass bass shelf.

So this not having it at all, should say something. :rofl:

Glad you like them!

Maybe take a look at my Berserker 1 if you want more. :smirk:

Ohhh man … I think I may have to now, man. I really like the cable choices you went with. The Iris has a surprisingly nice build to them. The cable is super soft and looks like it isn’t prone to tangling.

I’d definitely be interested in your B1s, brother.

1 Like

Still got 3 left, 2 red and 1 silver.

which iris did you get? 2.0?

Genuinely…. I’m unsure. It doesn’t see 2.0 anywhere on the listing so I assume it’s the 1.0. Admittedly, I rushed the buying process and wasn’t too careful with reading too into it. However, they were only $9 and I’ve really enjoyed them so far. Shockingly, I’ve reached for them more over anything I have in the day that I’ve had them lol which has surprised me. The comfort and the airy nature of the sound with the lack of seal is something completely new to me, and I’ve been digging them.

I’ll probably be diving into the rabbit hole of buds now. I’m curious what the higher end sets offer.

3 Likes