RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

A ridiculous photo of what I’m listening with for a little bit tonight.

15 Likes

Just wanna share some more “private” projects! And yes I was a little inspired by ZMF!

8 Likes

Do you have real life pics of the outcome? Is this azure backplate also 3D printed?
BTW Are you using SW for modelling?

1 Like

That would mean a wooden faceplate right? :heart_eyes: Maybe laser cut then?

@Rikudou_Goku your buds have completed my ultimate portable setup. Apple Watch w/ LTE and Spotify Offline paired with the Q5K. Not the best with regards to audiophile quality streams but, the convenience is amazing. Perfect setup for the gym and walks to keep form factor light and convenient.

11 Likes

So far im planning on getting a 3d wood printing service to make it for me, local in the UK. The backplate however is a laser cut brass plate, which I really want to add to this design.

I use fusiom 360!

3 Likes

Absolutely! Good 3d wood printing is tough to get so I’m getting someone else to do it for me. Should be a few days before I get a response for the shells and brass cut outs

1 Like

I use Fusion 360 too! And I’m in the UK haha. This is super cool - laser cut brass sounds dope

2 Likes

Cool stuff! Please let us know if or when you sell some of your creations.

2 Likes

I would love to get on the list for some mmcx buds!

I have only a FB for now, which im using for updates but I’m going to make a website soon!

2 Likes

I worked my magic with the store I buy my DIY stuff from and they got some proper silicone hooks now.

6 Likes

Anyone with the Koss KPH30i here and thinks it is too bloated?
Try this mod

tape with 100% seal and block 3 vents facing “outside”

4 Likes

I’ve tried this design but the wing was too long and too stiff (I’m earlet lol).

I’ve been using those and they are great and come in three sizes.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKyvpDM

2 Likes

Sharing my full thesis of “COMPARISON OF BLUETOOTH CODECS WITH
FOCUS ON BATTERY DRAINAGE, CPU USAGE
AND RANGE”, 6 months of work.

15 Likes

Waiting on Phd in cables!

Congratz! Now into the real world :joy:

3 Likes

Just an update and info to all audiophile community…

I just bought Sony XBA-N3AP (used) yesterday. I also have FiiO FH3 (tip rolled, cable 4.4) with Shanling UA5 dongle.

At first 2-3 hours test, i thought N3 sucks. Too warm, bloated, no details, much less dynamics. I almost sell it back.

Then later at night I tested again for 2 hours. But this time I put in tips spinfit Cp100 size SS. Boom! It snug into my ear canal perfectly at best comfort and isolation. I know this will sound different. I hit play, that was it! I know it sounds better than Fh3. I kept playing songs for 1 hour. No discomfort sign. Good.

Then I put FH3 back, the listening became less fun. Fh3 has better technicalities, but just a smidge. N3 sound better overall (but not far off), especially its natural timbre! You will hear Fh3 sounds a bit metallic BA timbre.

Lesson learned, make sure you do tips rolling and isolation at best

I’m selling my Fh3 #fiiofh3 #sonyn3 #sonyxban3ap

7 Likes

I bought xba-N3AP for 80€ 2 weeks ago (special sales in France). I must admit I don’t really like it. I find the bass too dry. It lacks some meat, for a basshead set as I imagine it.

2 Likes

Mail call from @Rikudou_Goku. Added the Berserker, Grand Archer and Lancer to the lineup. Going to dedicate the next two hours to some listening time. Excited to see what these have in store for me.

13 Likes

Ops, accidentally killed all my headphones (including the Denon D5200). :joy:

7 Likes