RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Just want to confirm. Are these legit Radius Deep Mount bro? I’ve got it from a local seller, it’s hard to find these in my country so i don’t know is this real or not?

I can’t tell you. I got the clear variant. I dunno about those

They definitely do come in black, and the shape seems right. Your only concern would be whether the silicone has the same properties, but these look like Radius deep mounts to me. I’m not aware of them being the target of knock-offs.

1 Like

ddhifi ST35

Been sometime since I lasted posted here and figured I give an update.

Gen 3 R&D is progressing at a snails pace due to some very fun shipping issues. (And the need to make some more adjustments.)
So gen 3 is still far away.
Pics of current shells in R&D.

On the other hand, I got contacted by Linsoul and I will be reviewing the Kiwi Ears Orchestra Lite. Am I coming back to the iem world? Unlikely, but my pokemon syndrome is acting up and I need a solid BA iem in my collection so…:smirk:

12 Likes

KAEI TAP 2 (Upgrade MUSE02 version) with Moondrop Dawn (3.5mm) on OnePlus 8T using UAPP

Sensitive/low-impedance test:

Softears Volume (5ohm, 123.7db/vrms@1khz) :

(TUBE ON, LOW GAIN) Can still hear the music (extremely low volume though) with the amp being on at 0 volume, which is kind of annoying. The volume wheel´s volume (no pun intended) control is excellent and allows for very fine adjustments. ZERO NOISE AT ALL even without music playing, although if you turn off the music and raise the volume to around 12 o´clock there is some noise

(TUBE OFF, LOW GAIN) 0 volume still has some music playing although slightly louder as with the TUBE OFF the volume overall is actually louder. Control over the volume is pretty much the same in that it has excellent control BUT since it is louder overall, it does mean that it gets louder quicker. No tube noise from it even with the wheel turned all the way to the max (no music playing obviously) but there is some very slight hiss in the background at that point which isn’t really a problem since no sane person will listen that loud.

(TUBE OFF, HIGH GAIN) Same as before but even worse volume control since it gets quick really fast. Hiss is more present and at ALL volumes while at max volume the hiss is much louder.

(TUBE ON, HIGH GAIN) same as with tube OFF, there is now hiss present at all volumes AND at 9 o´clock the tube noise kicks in. Volume control is slightly better though as the volume is a bit lower than without the tube activated as mentioned before.

Comment: You will have no issues AT ALL using sensitive and low-impedance transducers.

POWER test:

Ruler (Planar, 50ohm, <92db):

(Tube ON, LOW GAIN): Cannot hear music at 0 volume. Playing at around 1-2 o´clock. ZERO noise at all volumes and no hiss.

(TUBE OFF, LOW GAIN): Playing at around 12-1 o´clock.

(TUBE OFF, HIGH GAIN): playing at around 10-11 o´clock. No noise nor hiss at all.

(TUBE ON, HIGH GAIN) playing at around 11-12 o´clock. No hiss at all, tube noise is very slightly present at max volume.

DIY 500ohm BUD (500ohm):

(TUBE ON, LOW GAIN): Cannot hear music at 0 volume. Playing at around 12-1 o ´clock. At max volume, there is an extremely tiny tube noise that is present.

(TUBE OFF, Low GAIN): Playing at around 11 o´clock. No hiss nor noise at all.

(TUBE OFF, HIGH GAIN): Can hear music at 0 volume slightly. Playing at around 9-10 o´clock. No hiss nor noise at all.

(TUBE ON, HIGH GAIN): Can hear music at 0 volume very slightly. Playing at around 10 o´clock. Tube noise is present a bit at max volume, no hiss.

Comment: Can drive pretty much anything.

Source memeing: Tube on or off honestly really doesn’t sound that different too me, the Tube on mode might be very slightly smoother, warmer and with looser/slower bass compared to the tube off mode. But extremely hard to tell since the volume changes instantly with the different modes. I might prefer using low gain compared to high gain simply because you get a bit better volume control (doesn’t go loud as quick).

In conclusion, this is a damn powerful amp that will drive anything and without any issues with noise nor hiss with the most sensitive iems. While this does count as a tube amp (well, hybrid) you should think of it more as an SSD amp with tube glow.

8 Likes

Late night session with Gen 3 prototype + KAEI TAP 2

7 Likes

did you put your new amp in the fire!!

3 Likes

Haha, someone fell for it. :rofl:
Its just a LED screen for that flame effect.

4 Likes

Riku did not want to share, but this is really how this “burnin-in period” ended…

Ed: this image was completely generated by AI based on the pic that Riku uploaded

6 Likes

How do you buy the Riku buds?

Just message @Rikudou_Goku here!

2 Likes

Just PM me here or on discord, head-fi or public gmail ( [email protected] )

2 Likes

You have to slay a dragon then cast a spell using the dragon’s blood to open a magical portal to audiophile valhalla where the last adventurer who perished attempting the feat will hand you a pair of the model an oracle has foretold will best fit you…

…or you could just PM Riku, I guess, but where’s the fun in that? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

(some random mods)

Full review will be done for this.

17 Likes

its a beautiful set!

2 Likes

The classic Riku light box makes an appearance, I love it.

3 Likes

Haha, knew people missed it.

This battle will be fun (one sided slaughter probably).

8 Likes

Well, some filler before my Orchestra Lite review.

Superlux HD 681 EVO in stock with the leather (fake) pads sounds like a much bassier KSC75 but also peakier as well as more treble, with worse timbre. Ends up warmer overall but more fatiguing due to the treble. Too bright for me and the Koss trio are better than the Evo in this configuration. Bright V-shaped

However, you can do a very simple mod, just put 3 layers of Felt (cut the 4 corners and it will fit as it is) and the peaky treble is tamed a lot along with a reduction in quantity but still retains some of the stock characteristics. (you can stack more felt if u still need it warmer as well.) V-shaped

Recommended if you are going to mod it, if not, stick with koss.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003267422863.html

(felt mod also gives u L/R identification through color)

6 Likes

How to Buy RikuBuds

It is a convoluted, stretched-out process. If you choose to start this journey, then you have already agreed to buy his wares.

1. Find out Riku’s mailing address from someone that has already bought RikuBuds.
  2. Send Riku a jar of Tom Yum Paste along with your contact info.
  3. Based on the meal that Riku makes with the Tom Yum, he will determine what kind of Earbud you like.
  4. Riku will prepare your bud and send you a message with an amount to pay before shipping.

This is a joke btw. PM Riku.

8 Likes