RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

I’d need some serious A/B to really break it down, but more similar than dissimilar IMO. Saber 3 easier to drive, too.

3 Likes

Nevermind post office decided not to update tracking until it was delivered :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Awesome! If it makes you feel better, the same thing happened to me; said all estimates were for Saturday, then when I brought in the mail from yesterday they were just chilling in the box.

2 Likes

off memory sounds very similar to bell serratus but I can do a more direct A/B later

2 Likes

initial impressions (stock white foams) - has big bass impact when called for and still thumps when not (a bit more than my preference for most music).
maybe gets a little congested on busier tracks (going to compare to other things later to be sure).
otherwise seems well balanced between the clear vocals and crisp highs.
comfort and fit wise these may be the best buds I’ve tried in the last 10 years, could probably wear them all day if my ears get used to using buds.
hopefully I’ll get some comparisons done and try the other foams over the next couple days.

7 Likes

Alright, which do you think looks better? Silver or black hardware, will be my cable for mmcx Gen 3.

Lightweight af. :+1:

3 Likes

Silver looks better NOW, but will constantly attract fingerprints and scratches over time. I vote black hardware for longevity and upkeep. Also, slightly more understated.

2 Likes

Black looks better. It provides some contrast with the silver cable

2 Likes

Can you share the link or is it trade secret/custom?
I’m looking for something like this for my Vulkan.

Silver.

Just make sure to ask XINHS to mark the right channel of the cable with a heat shrink tube please. I would like that.

Silver looks more deliberate and cohesive on that cable. No way to offer black hardware on a black cable and silver on this lighter cable…? Or is that the sole cable option for MMCX Gen 3?

Well, it is a custom wire/hardware from XINHS. Not really a secret, its not like it is a part of my tuning recipe that changes the sound. :rofl:

The L&R marking is done by the red ring on it.

I need to stick with one cable to keep prices low unfortunately. And I am not sure how many will buy MMCX version as well so the same thing might happen with the mmcx shells.

4 Likes

update black foams on Saber 3 are much more my preference.
for shiz n giggles I put the white foams on bell Serratus and dang it makes them DARK like bassy hd6-- or argons, surprised how much more balanced sounding the Saber 3 managed to be with them comparatively.

2 Likes

I have to say coming from an IEM background and entering the world of buds having a non removable cable is a blessing… simple and super lightweight so a :+1: for a fixed cable from me.

4 Likes

That red ring cannot be identified by touch in darkness. Can they not do it, or are you against it for aesthetic purpose?

I have not asked them tbf. Are there any cables out there like that? Cuz I dont remember any.

Kobe Audio, Dailybuds, Highersound provides them with their buds. Can you please ask if XINHS can provide this?

1 Like

Can you show me a picture?

3 Likes

I think tgxears has a little red washer on the right side, and a softears cable (perhaps originally from an RSV?) that I have has the same.

I’m indifferent, it just seemed relevant.

In my use cases it’s rarely too dark for a bright red indicator of any kind not to suffice, without any added tactile reminders.

Whenever it’s left to faintly embossed L and R, that’s a problem in medium to low light.

3 Likes