RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Yeah, no problem.

Missed your birthday so a belated Happy Birthday! :partying_face: :birthday:

1 Like

Thank you.

Already received a message the cables have shipped. WOW.

1 Like

My order has been shipped out as well from them. DHL better do their job now.

2021-03-25: Aiderlot M5 review: Aiderlot M5 - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Essentially a budget Oxygen with the same performance on acoustic/vocal music. Oxygen only beats it on bass quantity and texture, which isnt really needed for the kind of music these 2 specialize in. Currently my best BA iem.

1 Like

Wow, with that many cons, I’d expect a lower grade. Great work as always!

Nah, it is definitely worthy of that score. It competes on the same level as the Oxygen basically. Only reason why I didnt give it S rank is due to the bass quantity/texture.

1 Like

If no name for the cable, then at least a link. If the reader can’t indentify what cable it is or where to get it, then the work is wasted.

Yes, I will put the link (non-affiliate of course) inside the database. So when I refer to the cable you can just go into the database and find the link there.

1 Like

Just a reminder for you guys to play the energy lab minigame on aliexpress to get up to 10 usd off coupon.

2 Likes

Got some parts express headband and tried it on the Porta pro and the KSC75.

Porta pro:

Pros:

• More comfortable, doesn’t rip my hair out and less clamp
  • Doesn’t look like a toy
  • Even more lightweight
  • A bit more treble and overall cleaner sounding, slightly less bass quantity but tighter. (very small change, even closer sounding to the KPH30i)

Cons:

• 3rd party product
  • Unfoldable

Overall, it is a good improvement, but the KPH30i still sound better to me.

KSC75:

Pros:

• Better tonality as it is more balanced
  • More bass while keeping quality

Cons:

• Slightly less airy and a tiny bit smaller soundstage
  • Comfort is slightly worse since you can feel them on your ears and there is more heat generation, while you can barely feel them with the ear clips
  • 3rd party product

Overall, a big improvement for my library. The biggest con it had with the ear clips is that it had too little bass and the tonality did lack warmth on most of my tracks. Rank up from B to A-.

Although for gaming, the ear clips are better since comfort is a more important factor than the sound difference.

Overall, my preference is still the same. Porta pro < KSC75 < KPH30i
Both before and after the parts express headband swap. But the KSC75 is closer to the KPH30i than before the mod at least.

1 Like

FiiO all-new 2 Dynamic Drivers 2 Balanced Armatures In-Ear Monitors FH5s All upgrade for your preference!

Acoustic architecture: semi-open architecture with 2 Balanced Armatures+2 Dynamic Drivers

Bass Dynamic Driver: 12mm beryllium-plated diaphragm of 1.5T outer-magnet field

Mids Dynamic Driver: 6mm beryllium-plated diaphragm

Highs and ultra-highs: Knowles 30017

Earphone cable material: monocrystalline silver-plated copper

Connector: replaceable, standard 3.5/4.4/2.5 connectors

Time to market: expected in May.
Price : to be determined.

For more details, please look forward to the FiiO 2021 Spring Launch Event.

Damn, after 2 success in a row with the FH3 and then the FD5. Wonder how good this is.
Although one part of me wishes it is bad…because I have already given both the FH3 and the FD5 5/5…some people might think I am shilling for fiio lol.

6 Likes

I like knowing how good or bad the stock cable is, to see if its worth buying an “upgrade”. Great work as always

Using 2 dynamic drivers, that’s something you don’t see every day ^^

1 Like

I will most likely remove them from the list. But I will measure the stock cable in my reviews and impressions.

Yeah, I almost believed it was going to be a z1r copy, with one dd for the treble. :joy:

1 Like

Interesting, seems like they went with the holes on the back like they did with the FD5. Hoping they will come with the same cable and that they’ll be priced equal or less. Maybe worth postponing my upgrade plans, though May is a long time and even then they’ll probably not be available in the Netherlands right away. :thinking:

Sigh… Another IEM I have to buy.

You don’t HAVE to…(I say as I’ve binge purchased at least 3 in the last month).

1 Like