RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Here is what I have ordered from XINHS so far (hopefully I get them before the sale ends but dont have your hopes high for that lol):

8 cores pure silver and single crystal copper mixed braid headphone upgrade cable For SE846 SE535 UE900S ED12 TRN V80 V20| | - AliExpress (1 8 core and 1 4 core)

If they measure as good as they look (meaning that they become one of my default recommendations for cables), I will create my own model name for all the cables I measure since most of them dont really have their own names/model-nr.

why would I want the hybrid (mixed braid), vs the pure Silver 8 core, for more money?

Right now, it is purely an aesthetic choice.

I will measure them all when I get them, thats when we find out if one of them is “better” than the other. But silver is a bit better conductive material than copper, so I assume that the pure silver cable is measuring lower.

But frankly, if they are close to each other in measurements. It shouldnt make much difference. For the cable believers however, using a hybrid cable would give you the best of the 2 materials and for placebo believers as well (since you know, it is half silver and half copper, so it should be the most balanced since silver cables looks brighter = more treble and copper is a warmer color = sounds warmer).

3 Likes

Well guys.

Looks like those cables are the new default rec now. So I will have some new model names for all my measured cables.

I have something like this in mind:
0-0.3 ohms: A series (example, Tri Through = cable A1)
0.3-0.6 ohms: B series
0.9-1.2 ohms: C series

Add new columns into cable page:
“Wire-material”, “Notes”, “Hakuzen”
“Wire-material” refers to what material is used for the cable,
be it copper, silver, SPC or a hybrid between them.

“Hakuzen” refers to what name the cable is under Hakuzens database
(if applicable)

I believe that with this system, you be able to somewhat know how good the cable is by just looking at the first letter (since its essentially their ranking). While the number is just a unique identifier. Wouldnt be fun to refer to the XINHS cables as, “XINHS 4 core single crystal copper cable” and then get questions like “which one?” since they got a lot of cables from the same material but not neccessarily the same looks.

I appreciate if you got any feedback, since I wont be using their real names (most of them arent names, they are more like descriptions lol) after I have finished setting this up.

I am also contemplating on removing all the stock cables in that list, as you cant buy those cables anyway…

4 Likes

Looks interesting. Guess I’ll be getting one of this brand’s cables in the future. Would be nice to have a cheap alternative to Moondrop’s default cables.

The 2-pin seems flush, would it fit stuff like the SSR or Starfield with slightly recessed connectors?

They should work.

or they dont according to Resolution lol.

1 Like

Very good question! They won’t work. I’ll post a pic.

2 Likes

Well that’s a shame. B2? That seems more flush. Any input on yinyoo or are they “cheaters” like TRN?

I use the faaeal litz copper cable on the B2, so I do believe those xinhs cables should work as well.

No idea on yinyoo. I expect that a lot of these cables are getting their cable from the same OEM, so it might be the OEM that is cheating.

Anyway, I wouldnt recommend their cables when XINHS cables are available.

Not trying to prove you wrong, just trying to make sure no one makes this mistake and buys a cable that won’t work.

I just bought three XINHS cables and only the blue cable worked with the Moondrop IEMs. I thought it would be easier to show in a photo but I was wrong. Anyway… Here’s my attempt…

Here’s a picture of two Moondrop IEMs, KXXX and the Starfield along with the three XINHS cables I purchased. The blue cable has those extra pieces of plastic the Moondrop IEMs need for the cable to hold securely.

This picture shows the point where the cable pins are just touching the IEM connections.

This picture shows the cable seated all the way into the IEM securely.

I did test the other cables and they did connect but just barely. You really need that recess to be secure.

2 Likes

Thanks. Sorry for asking in the first place lol. Just started reading through the headfi and lots of interesting options. Could have probably answered my own questions.

yeah, dont worry. I am using the B2´s stock cable on the KXXS (that I never use…).

np, XINHS cables are cheap, high quality and measures low. What more could you ask for a cable lol.
And the seller is super friendly and you can ask for custom cables as well. :+1:

Can I ask for a different color connector?
I want a silver cable with a black 2 pin connector to match my black iem,

Just ask them. They managed to make me a cable that they didnt have before and now they are selling it officially.

Got info from XINHS that the 8-core graphene cable is going to cost 58 usd during the sale in around 4 days.

THAT guy from XINHS is superbly chill…
If anyone is going to buy something from there, dont hesitate to contact him, it seems he has more products available than his listing shows… and for great prices

1 Like

Indeed, exceptional service from him.

Also wanted to ask…
Since you have kph30i, do you use stock pads or did you buy some aftermarket ones?
…and if you did buy, do you have some recommendation for fellow european where to by them?

My KPH30i is in stock right now.

I have ordered some Yaxi pads (the most recommended/popular for koss 60 ohm headphones) for my Porta pro from amazon japan.

I also ordered parts express headband for them from here:
https://giantpygmy.net/shop/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product
Thats the cheapest way to get those headband in europe btw.

1 Like

Thanks (for the XINHS rec. too)