RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

nice, isnt that measurement about as good as you’ve ever measured? Great work.

It is tied with A6 though, but otherwise the only cable that is better is cable A5 but that one costs like 180 usd lol.

Seems to be new faceplates for the SA6 (source: Visit to DUNU & Interview w/Chief Engineer Andy Zhao (English Subtitles Available) - YouTube )
Looks really nice.

2 Likes

Got another idea for a cable…

It is to combine the pure silver + blue copper into a hybrid. Basically a cheaper version of cable A5.

Specifically this blue cable:

and this pure silver cable:

Wonder if thats a good idea… :thinking:

Actually @Resolution you got both of those cables I believe? Could you take a macro picture of them both as close as possible, so we can see if they look good together?

@Rikudou_Goku I don’t think I have either of those.

This was the last cable order I received. Yourhybrids haven’t arrived yet.

order

Happy to take macros of these if you’d like?

Aa ok. Yeah, thats another blue cable so would like to see that with the silver one when you get it.

I have those three and already took a close up of the blue one… I’m waiting for three more cables. All hybrids.

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that pic before. But I was thinking more about having that blue one besides the silver one, to see how well they contrast each other.

1 Like

Sure. I might have to get to it tomorrow though.

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku Here you go…

2 Likes

hmmmm color looks good, but the blue cable is probably too thick to be combined well with the silver cable.

Oh no way. It’s HUGE!

1 Like

Hi! I am currently looking for an IEM upgrade so I thought I ask here for recommendations if that’s okay. I currently have the Starfield and the FH3 and they have been really great to listen with back to back. So now I currently want to get an upgrade from these two iems. My quick non-technical impressions from these 2 iems that I have, Starfield works best with slow songs for me while the FH3 works best with fast and fun songs. Both IEM works wonderful with Kpop songs. I’m not much of a basshead so I find the Starfield’s bass to be just fine for me. I had to use the Spinfit CP100 for my Starfield due to fitting issues but the FH3 has no problems with their stock tips.

I’m aiming at the $300 budget range and I’m surprised that there are quite a number of options to choose from. The most popular I found so far are the B2 and the FD5.

My listens are usually K-pop (mainly female vocals), Jazz, and Ballad female songs. My current source is the Sony A55. Volume wise, I listened on the Starfield at 72-75/120 while the FH3 at 65-68/120. I’m currently thinking on getting something more vocal focus and clarity since I listen to korean solo female songs more nowadays (ex. Taeyeon and IU).

I was originally thinking on upgrading my DAP but I was told to get new iems instead so here I am! I’ll be sure to look through the recommendations. Thanks!

You nailed it.

FD5 is a great IEM, but since you already have the FH3, I’d suggest something a little different.

I highly recommend this… Perfect for your price range too.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ve read about this iem before, but I didn’t know it’s within my price range. I’ll go look it up!

1 Like

Can we just congratulate @Rikudou_Goku for 15K views on this thread?

You put in a lot of effort into making this. Besides, you are extremely responsible for staying active. I think that you helped a lot of people. On their behalf, Thank You!

10 Likes

Thank you so much, it means a lot to me.

now, if I could only get some patreons lol. :joy:

3 Likes

I wouldnt recommend the B2 for kpop at all.
…well, honestly I dont see any case where I would recomend it really. As the Oxygen is doing its job a lot better…

You mentioned that you wanted more vocal focus, but the FH3 already has one of the most forward mids out there. Do you want something similar or even more vocals? Because the only way I know to get even more mids than the FH3 is to reduce the bass quantity so you perceive more of the mids. And if thats the case you would most likely want the Tanchjim Oxygen.

BUT, the Oxygen is most likely not good for jazz as I believe you would want something warmer but maybe you are using the starfield for that.

Kpop and pop music generally appreciates more bass though, so that would make the FD5 a good choice IMO. The problem I see is that you want a lot of mids and the FD5 doesnt have as much as the FH3 do. This leads me to the LZ A7, I believe that will be a better choice for you.

Suppport the Hero!!!

1 Like

Holy hell that sounds about right to my taste! I do want to note I don’t listen to Jazz that often and it’s 80% daily kpop now. I put Jazz as my night listens usually and it’s not that often anymore as of late.

I would like something more forward. I do find the Starfield better with female ballads to my ears while the FH3 suits vocals better with lively kpop songs, but they compliment each other. Yeah, I do find myself liking the sound signature a lil bit on the warmer side after getting into this hobby.

I’ll be sure to check out the Oxygen and the LZ A7! Thank you so much!

1 Like