RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

No problem. The A7 is my recommendation and with the filters you have pretty much 10 iems in one.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s amazing looking. Currently looking at it right now. It does seem like right up my alley. I’ll be sure to look into it further. Thanks again!

1 Like

@Sonofholhorse Thank you for your support! (patreon)

You do quite a bit for the community here (and elsewhere), so I figure that you deserve at least a lil’ something! Thank YOU for all that you do!

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku, how would you compare bass performance of FH3 and Urbanfun ISS014?
I’m tempted to risk buying them

Forget the urbanfun. piece of shit company that doesnt deserve your money.

I found the bass on the FH3 to be very similar to it, but I can ramp up the volume more if I wanted because the treble isnt as much as on the ISS014, so I could get even more bass from the FH3.

1 Like

Duly noted, thank you. Will avoid them.

1 Like

Ooo what happened with them?

Well, tldr:

1. Release msrp at 40 usd.
  2. user reports on QC problems regarding the mmcx connectors.
  3. urbanfun claims they fixed the problem after a while, but “had” to increase the price to 60 usd.
  4. Still not fixed and reports are still coming in.
  5. The appearance of different versions, like the “black box” version. (unknown driver coating, you either get beryllium the one you want or a “noble metal” version which was very average.) Of course the stores selling it, all claim they are the beryllium version. On taobao, you can pick between the beryllium or noble metal version freely. No such choice on aliexpress.
  6. After a certain reviewer you all know hyped it up, they increased the price to 80-100 usd.
  7. A lot of reports on either mmcx problems or just it being meh sounding (noble metal version). Even crinacle most likely got the noble metal version as his graphs differently from mine.

8.Fast forward to 2021 and it seems they still havent fixed the QC problem or the uncertain driver coating.
5 Likes

2021-04-06: First XINHS batch took 5 weeks from ordering to get here. :joy:

0.35 ohms.

Build quality as expected from XINHS cables, working chin-slider and is very soft. Not very thick though, despite having 8-cores. Cable B7.
Default silver cable rec.

0.17 ohms.

Essentially a somewhat different looking cable A3 that is a bit stiffer, glossier and has a working chin-slider. Cable A3 is still recommended over this one due to the higher cost for basically the same thing (unless you need a working chin-slider, which doesnt work on cable A3). This is cable A11.

0.19 ohms.

Build quality as expected from XINHS cables but non-working chin-slide. Very soft cable and is thinner than average due to only having 2-cores. Looks very unique due to the blue color. Cable A12. My favorite blue cable, probably be better if it was in 4 or 8 cores.

0.22 ohms

Build quality as expected from XINHS cables but non-working chin-slide. Very soft cable and is average in thickness. Cable A12. Not recommended due to high price.

3 Likes

If this isnt too expensive, I will probably get the Excalibur (and if it really does have a 1 dd + 2 ba + 2 EST setup like bggar mentioned).

Love EST´s after hearing the Dunu EST112, cant go back to BA´s for that upper-treble lol.
And well…who can say no to something called the “Excalibur”. :joy:

fate-excalibur.gif

4 Likes

wait till you try est headphones LOL

1 Like

Won’t happen in the foreseeable future lol.

1 Like

Well, I wanted a little longer cable with no earhooks and the guy offered me this one for 20 bucks tbh.
So… for half the price and with customizations too…
Cant complain, it already passed customs, so I will leave my impressions in foreseeable future

1 Like

Well, at 20 usd sure. But at 40 usd, I definitely recommend cable A1 over that one.

Agreed. The Monarch has made it difficult to want to listen to anything else. (probably why I was meh about the Lokahi) Hoping the EST 112 will be similar in quality. Got shipping notification today and should be delivered on Friday.

Because I already own the Monarch and Clairvoyance, I don’t see much point to paying attention to the Excalibur or Oracle, but for those wanting a lower price to entry, these IEMs could be the next big thing if they perform anywhere near Thieaudio’s current king and queen and can drop the price significantly. We’ll see where their prices land.

1 Like

Yeah, looking forward to your impressions on the EST112.

The mon/clair are also too big for me so hopefully the excalibur/oracle are a lot smaller.

Any guesses on their prices though?

I would guess 550 usd. Not too close or far from their clair/mon (and risk undercutting their own sales) but close enough to the EST112 to be considered their rival.

1 Like

Holy shit, im cringe, I didnt notice it, but I subconciously wanted to write it and even had to google how its written :laughing:

1 Like

lol, gotta praise auto correct sometimes.

I was clueless to all of this until today. I had heard Thieaudio were going to end IEM development after the Legacy 5.

My guess is why these two new IEMs exist is because Thieaudio builds each Monarch and Clairvoyance special order and by hand. A few months ago, they became so overburdened and got so far behind fulfilling orders, they had to completely stop taking orders for them to catch up.

Their other IEMs are produced in mass.

Because of the popularity of the Monarch and Clairvoyance, they’ve probably made the smart marketing decision to put together a new design to help bring costs down with similar tech while targeting similar tuning but being mass produced to continue to drive costs down further.

Just my personal speculation at why they’re even considering this.

1 Like