RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

The same, I dont have any iem that have a 10/10 in timbre.

The FH3 is slightly warmer but the part that affects it the most is the treble since it is a tuned a bit safer. If you are very sensitive to the area where the FD5 has its peaks, it might be sharp for you as some other people have mentioned. Not a problem for me though.

2 Likes

I own the DT-880 and I don’t have much problems with treble on those, so I guess I should be fine. Man that MDR-EX1000 looks compelling, shame you can’t find it on sale anymore though :frowning:.
Nice chart, what does EX stand for?

headphone references are beyond me lol.

It needs EQ though, but yeah. It is a very special iem that any Sony or DD fans needs to hear…

1 Like

Timbre is how the entire device sounds. It isn’t just one (timing) or a few factors that determine its timbre.

Well… I think I am destined not to have the FH5s. DHL delivered to the wrong address and even has a picture of my package sitting in front of someone else’s home.

2 Likes

Would’ve thought those characteristics are determined by quantifiable attributes (such as timings) as well, it’s just that FR measures something else. (Note that I’m totally not after actual measurements, it’s purely about understanding the factors that determine certain characteristics, such as timbre.)

Whatever :slightly_smiling_face:

I feel horrible for laughing at that. :joy:

I think you’re simplifying. There’s so much more to it than just FR and speed/decay. It’s the entire driver and design of the entire earphone that makes it sound the way it does. Natural or unnatural sounding.

I agree with @Rikudou_Goku that no matter what the FR, timbre will sound the way it does. FR might mask aspects of the timbre but a BA will have a sound characteristic that is different than a different driver type. All the different driver types can push music into your brain, but because they all do it differently and use different materials to make sound move, they will be different timbral qualities to the end result.

But it doesn’t end at just the driver type. It’s everything else surrounding it as well. It’s the entire design and material makeup of the device that makes ends up making it sound the way it does.

It’s also subjective as all things are. I find most of my DD IEMs to have a cohesive sound with timbral characteristics I consider quite natural. I find the upper mids and treble of the FH3 to have a crispy characteristic (timbre). Those frequencies are being produced by a BA driver. I find the same FR area on my DUNU SA6 to sound much more natural yet it uses all BA drivers, so it’s not just the driver type that exhibits the timbre qualities. There are different implementations of driver technologies that may sound more natural or less natural but may have advantages or disadvantages in other technical aspects of the IEM.

I’m starting to make myself dizzy attempting to describe timbre. It’s not easy to explain.

1 Like

You explained it the way I think a lot better than I did. :+1:

1 Like

Ha ha! Don’t. I posted it so we could all have a chuckle at my expense. I’ll keep everyone updated as to what happens with this new Linsoul/DHL adventure. Let’s see how I’m treated by both companies.

1 Like

Amazon is doing a great job at translating stuff lol.

“Koss headphones in ear spark plug one size white” hahhaha

How did pathfinder get translated to spark plug. :joy:

3 Likes

This ear bud will wake you up in the morning and give you permanent hearing loss. What a value! Never need to buy an earphone again. You’re deaf! What?

1 Like

I actually think it is called spark plug tbh.
This is an independent and reliable czech eshop…
Maybe the advertised name is dependent on the region?

Doesnt look like it though…

definitely called sparkplug in Czech Republic according to official koss website

Man my ears already feel violated just looking at it. That must go real deep inside.

2 Likes

both names Pathfinder and Sparkplug sound a little threatening to my ear canals tbh :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s what she sai… never mind. :wink:

1 Like

Well that’s a bit awkward… Don’t have much experience with DHL, but the delivery man from our local post office has the annoying habbit of signing your signed packages for you, which really quite defeats the purpose. But it’s always a bit odd to get a notification that you received a signed package, and then find a picture of someone else’s signature attached to the notification…

EDIT: I should mention that I did receive the package, but it was dropped in front of my door one time and thrown in the mailbox the other time. Admittedly it works, but nonetheless I was quite disappointed. Moreso because I was at home on both occasions.

1 Like

Isnt that illegal? Sounds like that guy could get in quite a lot of trouble if he gets reported…