RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

I just got my hands on an iBasso IT01x. It’s a single beryllium DD, and the shape is like a smaller blon-bl03. It’s worth a listen IMO! I’ll post my full thoughts after some burn in. Right now it feels like a bl-03 upgrade across the board.

4 Likes

Damn, you bought one without any review out yet?

Let’s just say alcohol was involved.

3 Likes

Ha ha! That happens to me far too often as well. That’s how I got the Theiaudio Monarch and Clairvoyance. I don’t regret those drunken decisions at all either. Maybe drunk me should make all my purchasing decisions.

I’m a beryllium nut! So always interested in reactions to anything beryllium. Thanks!

2 Likes

Is the fit similarly bad like the 03 due to the shape? Or is the size the only common factor in the build?

IMO build is actually worse in that it looks and feels cheaper than the 03’s, but it’s more comfortable, and the bass is more detailed and nuanced. I need to play with tips/filters/burn in still.

Shape is similar ish.

1 Like

Well… That’s not saying much. The BL03 bass is as sloppy as an infant trying to color inside the lines. What’s the price on this badboy?

Oh, my Blon’s are mesh modded, so I think bass detail jumps up a bit. $139 USD.

Nice, the mesh modded 03 is definitely a big improvement over the stock version.

1 Like

I have a pair modded and another not. Don’t get me wrong, the BL03 is a fantastically tuned IEM at an insane price point. Seriously TOTL tuning for 26 bucks. Technicalities, not so much.

139? Sweet! Please let us know your more in depth thoughts. Very interested. Probably won’t be better than the FH5s. though. lol!

2 Likes

wonder if I should contact paul and see if I can get a unit…anything with “beryllium” sure is a powerful bait for me lol. And in this case, they explicitely mentioned that it is coated on both sides.

2 Likes

That’s what got me too.

alright, I asked paul about it. :joy:

1 Like

Ooooooooooh!

OK, hoing to probably just order this now. Wait a minute… That just got me in trouble with the FH5s. @Rikudou_Goku tell me what to do bro!

2 Likes

Wait for reviews lol. Gotta learn from your mistakes!

1 Like

There is also this new iem that I have kept an eye on that looks interesting.

Pretty much all my iems with an LCP driver do bass really well. And since the big brother i88 looks pretty similar to the FD5:

FH3 vs i88 mini vs IT01X, sounds like a very interesting death match. :thinking:

3 Likes

Although the i99 is also very interesting.

13.8mm beryllium plated DLC DD. Sounds familiar right?

Same driver type as the FD5, but slightly bigger since the FD5 is “only” 12mm.

2 Likes

“Sounds like sparkling crystals” :sweat_smile:

Wow that i88 looks like basshead iem :heart_eyes:

yeah, looks very interesting.