🔶 Rosson RAD-0

This is the official thread for the Rosson RAD-0

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

**comes in unique color variation

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes
  • Open Back

:red_circle: Rosson Audio Design Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

2 Likes

Sexy looking…

3 Likes

I ended up buying a pair idk when but they are pretty fun to listen to. I don’t think they are the best for the money but very nice looking lol

3 Likes

Interesting headphone. Ive seen some reviews on it and it goes from being a bad headphone to being the greatest. It is on the Master Switch website on their best high end headphones list.

Yeah, I’d have to agree. They do look nice. Comfort is meh. I got a hotspot on top of my head after about 15-20 mins. The headband pad and weight distribution isn’t great imo. The earpads are ok. It’s nice they’re a hybrid but they feel cheaper than audeze or zmf pads imo. They sounded grainy at times to me as well. I honestly prefer the lcd 2.2 pf over them. I’m sure the cost difference in my head has played a role with that, but I just didn’t feel they did anything crazy. They were just ok and for that price…it should be better. I’ve never heard the lcd 4 but some have compared them and say they’re close. If that’s the case, the lcd 4 is a let down haha.

1 Like

Yeah no the lcd 4 is pretty easily on a different tier lol, def not a fan of this headphone overall as imo nothing really stands out as good to me on it

2 Likes

Well that’s good to hear about the 4. I felt the same way. At first I was thinking, this is pretty good. Let’s give it more time and see what else really stands out. And as time went on, I hated the comfort and the signature was just ok. Again, nothing special. Mine also had some driver flex going on in both cups. I couldn’t justify keeping them. I was almost done with planars. Thought maybe they’re just not my thing anymore.
Glad I found the 2.2 pf. I’m going to eventually get a higher end audeze but I don’t want the weight of the 4 and some reviews scare me about the 24. Seems there’s a variation there…idk?

1 Like

idk personally I’ve heard nothing but good things about the 24 from people I know who have them and I’ve always been a big fan, not really sure where the negative feedback has been stemming from outside of a few people complaining about the signature, but those people didn’t really like the sound of the 2.2 pre fazor anyways so I would assume it wouldn’t work for them

3 Likes

Possibly the MSRP price? Some people just don’t buy used headphones I guess? The LCD-24 is a headphone that I would like to hear one day.

1 Like

It is a bit high msrp but you can commonly find dealers selling them for 2.5 and see them dip below 2k so imo very reasonable for the performance it offers, personally I buy all of my stuff used but idk some don’t like that

2 Likes

I’ve mostly seen it on headfi and well metal571 haha. They complained it didn’t slam as hard as the 4, etc. Other than here and headfi, I really haven’t seen much. Not much on the headphones forum either. Imo, if it’s a good mix of 2 and 4 it should be a hit.

Yeah 2k or under I’d definitely try it out. I’ll give these 2.2 some time though.

I could agree yes (but it still has impact for sure), but at the same time it’s not as raw sounding as the lcd 4, it’s more refined than the lcd 4, it’s got more width and impressive spatial recreation than the 4 at times imo, generally a 2.2 pf tuning with basically the technicalities of the lcd 4

3 Likes

I have the 4 and like the RAD more. My 4 doesn’t have much in bass like the RAD does, maybe it’s impact of the RAD.

1 Like

Maybe some variation? I didn’t find the rad-0 slammed that hard. Also had some driver flex. Who knows?

Alex and team sent me grills for my RAD 0 and I got to paint them here!

2 Likes

You sending them back for them to install? Or do they apply something else for protection, like a clear coat?

They apply the protection on their end.

1 Like

I hope you enjoy my take on the RAD-0 from Rosson Audio Design!

3 Likes

Great cans!
Alex

1 Like