Rumors and new releases thread

Not to refan any fires but the thing that gets me about some of the iem stuff is the names are so similar to other audio things at times. I first though the Summer 3 was a dac since you said its like the Spring 2. :sweat_smile:

That’s the only thing stopping me,hehe.

2 Likes

Reecho announced the SG-03. A budget Single DD IEM that is said to have a custom like fit.

1 Like

single DD? that’s so retro! LoLoL!

1 Like

Moondrop Aria release~

$79.99, Starfield FR and shell, possibly better cable(?).

https://mobile.twitter.com/MoondropLab/status/1376430182731501571

Crinacle’s first impressions with FR:

The Starfield has slightly more narrow soundstage but more precise imaging, whereas the Aria can get impressively wide but at the cost of positional accuracy.

:thinking:

I was spot-on about the price-point, but I was hoping for a darker FR.

6 Likes

God damn it… This payday is consumed by bills!!! I need to not be spending money…

Edit:
I get I’m not a believer of frequency response graphs, particularly when buying something, but… Is it just me, or is the graph for the Aria, Starfield and KXXS almost identical, with slight variance starting at about 2.5k in the highs, and even more slight below 30?

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised it’s the same driver. The Aria is just the same driver as the Starfield (and the KXXS after a refinement) with a different shell color. Maybe the soundstage width is due to how the driver is placed in the shell versus the Starfield.

No, its not the same driver. They are using an LCP coating this time.

1 Like

My question is why they tuned it to sound so similar then.

No idea lol.

welcome to chifi from 2020 on… mondrop’s house sound makes every IEM Have very similar measurements. differences tend to be technicalities and detail retention.

1 Like

If I buy them, I’d probably put them head to head to my Starfields, and if I like the new ones better, I may hand off the Starfields off to my sister.

2 Likes

nothing wrong with that a comparison would be pretty cool to see what the differences are even though measurement dont tell you the whole story. moondrop usually makes pretty quality products anyway

3 Likes

Yeah, Moondrop has really focused on a house sound. I don’t think that’s bad, but I was really wishing for a SSR/SSP sort of deal to have some difference.

I too would be interested in impressions and comparisons to hear what folks say. Measurements only do so much, and Crinacle’s short impression was a bit vague overall.

1 Like

the SSR and SSP are different though just not very good its their house sound but like… shouty.

I mean like a dark/light version. SSR/SSP and Blessing 2/Dusk.

I wouldn’t discount Moondrop for having more budget-focused IEMs that don’t reflect their house sound. It takes a lot of work to tune so properly, might as well charge a premium for that. Besides, some folks like a little shout (like me :stuck_out_tongue: ).

I actually have never found my DT990s to ever be particularly sharp in the highs. Thankfully, I just finished my detachable cable/balance mod on mine.

Because there are so many FiiO in-ear fans here, this could be interesting :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Didn’t realise that it had attenuation switches on it, if its a good price I might check them out, as I wasn’t the biggest fan of the FH3

wtf is that on the bottom? Are those to eq them on the fly? Also MMCX cable…why??? Is it a general consensus that 2-pin is just better than MMCX? What are the benefits for MMCX over 2-pin? Durability wise 2-pin blows MMCX out of the water.