Rumors and new releases thread

I think its a new headphone. The her10p did not include the blue mini so don’t think they would change the name of the r10p and call it a new release if the only difference is the blue mini technology

Already up on HifiGo : $429.99

2 Likes

what is the XS claim to fame? I knew about the X…forget their claim to fame, but the XS isn’t ringing many bells in my memory. what do they excel at?

Gonna guess here… probably stands for “stealth”… seems to be what they are doing for most of their headphones now.

I actually have really high hopes for it. I’ll find out I guess.

1 Like

fwiw, i can vouch that the edition x v2 is really nice. It kinda fel off of people’s radar after the ananda/arya

https://www.hifiman.cn/products/detail/290

1 Like

thanks! that clears that up :grin:

The specs are similar to the HE6se V2’s. They will not be easy to drive.

We need a new headphone thread.

1 Like

Its here…

3 Likes

I am listening to mine right now with the HE6se V2’s!

Looking forward to your thoughts.

2 Likes

AND? What does all THAT sound like? :wink: Honest…can you describe it? and did you get one of the open box ones?

It has a lot of options for tweaking the sound. I leave it in tube mode, have the bass boost wide open, the 3D wide open and most of my listening is in low gain (except the HE6se V2’s which are in mid gain).
The sound is not especially tubey, to me. But it is very smooth, very clear and makes several of my headphones sound more open and fills them out nicely.
I bought mine used, so about half of MSRP + taxes. The new model is even More expensive and out of my league, price wise, but I do enjoy the sound. It really is quite an amp.

2 Likes

Posted in my review.
Great Amp…

I just did a review of the older OG iFi Pro iDSD dac/amp.

I dont use the Xbass except for my ADX 5000’s on some tunes…it depends on the can ability to dig low and the material coming in. I hate flabby bass…but the xBass implementation is not like your fathers bass boost…this one really works very well IMO.

1 Like

I was off and on with the special features, but then I just gave up. I leave them on full and use whichever headphones work well with them. I.E. HE6se Vol.2, T60 Argons, Monoprice M1570’s, etc.

I never liked a bass boost function in any machine until I tried an iFi machine a few years ago which I sold. And then the Schiit Loki impressed me with its skill. And Now the Pro iCAN. Jacking the bass with no distortion, that I can discern. :grin:

1 Like

The FA7 had a 4Ba configuration, the FA7s has 6BA drivers

1 Like

Any news on Schiits 10x Tube headphone amp lately???

I’m more curious on when they plan to release the Tyr

2 Likes

Yeah what’s the deal with the tyr? Haven’t heard any updates in a while.