Rumors and new releases thread

Depending on the performance, it might be worth looking into what the DIY community comes up with.

1 Like

Any reason you wouldn’t just be able to put it on a hybrid headband?
https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/hybrid-headband.html

2 Likes

Yup, was thinking of something like that.

I cannot tell. If the dimensions are different enough, that can make that headband useless/incompatible.

I’d take it over the sundara/ananda one just cause it has a bit of swivel

I looked at that, but I only paid $150 for my HE400se, so it seems comical to pay $125 for a headband upgrade.

I have thought about putting a two pad Sennheiser style foam on it –

Yeah, I wouldn’t suggest it for a 400SE but if you were considering the Edition XS it might be worth it…

Would be best for someone who already has a Sundara to give it a go since worst case scenario they’d end up with a spare headband…

1 Like

There’s these as an option

2 Likes

did anyone notice he r9?

1 Like

I noticed that. Like an r2r version dac like the new deva?

I think its a new headphone. The her10p did not include the blue mini so don’t think they would change the name of the r10p and call it a new release if the only difference is the blue mini technology

Already up on HifiGo : $429.99

2 Likes

what is the XS claim to fame? I knew about the X…forget their claim to fame, but the XS isn’t ringing many bells in my memory. what do they excel at?

Gonna guess here… probably stands for “stealth”… seems to be what they are doing for most of their headphones now.

I actually have really high hopes for it. I’ll find out I guess.

1 Like

fwiw, i can vouch that the edition x v2 is really nice. It kinda fel off of people’s radar after the ananda/arya

https://www.hifiman.cn/products/detail/290

1 Like

thanks! that clears that up :grin:

The specs are similar to the HE6se V2’s. They will not be easy to drive.

We need a new headphone thread.

1 Like

Its here…

3 Likes

I am listening to mine right now with the HE6se V2’s!

Looking forward to your thoughts.

2 Likes