Rumors and new releases thread

AND? What does all THAT sound like? :wink: Honest…can you describe it? and did you get one of the open box ones?

It has a lot of options for tweaking the sound. I leave it in tube mode, have the bass boost wide open, the 3D wide open and most of my listening is in low gain (except the HE6se V2’s which are in mid gain).
The sound is not especially tubey, to me. But it is very smooth, very clear and makes several of my headphones sound more open and fills them out nicely.
I bought mine used, so about half of MSRP + taxes. The new model is even More expensive and out of my league, price wise, but I do enjoy the sound. It really is quite an amp.

2 Likes

Posted in my review.
Great Amp…

I just did a review of the older OG iFi Pro iDSD dac/amp.

I dont use the Xbass except for my ADX 5000’s on some tunes…it depends on the can ability to dig low and the material coming in. I hate flabby bass…but the xBass implementation is not like your fathers bass boost…this one really works very well IMO.

1 Like

I was off and on with the special features, but then I just gave up. I leave them on full and use whichever headphones work well with them. I.E. HE6se Vol.2, T60 Argons, Monoprice M1570’s, etc.

I never liked a bass boost function in any machine until I tried an iFi machine a few years ago which I sold. And then the Schiit Loki impressed me with its skill. And Now the Pro iCAN. Jacking the bass with no distortion, that I can discern. :grin:

1 Like

The FA7 had a 4Ba configuration, the FA7s has 6BA drivers

1 Like

Any news on Schiits 10x Tube headphone amp lately???

I’m more curious on when they plan to release the Tyr

2 Likes

Yeah what’s the deal with the tyr? Haven’t heard any updates in a while.

“its gonna be a big year” waiting with a smile :slight_smile:

Is it the first usb dac-amp from colorfy?

No clue, haven’t heard anything since the last post they made. Been a while.

Wonder if these are going to be any good. Hifiman taking a stab at “audiophile” TWS: HIFIMAN TWS600 True Wireless Hi-Fi Eadphones,Best-sounding Bluetooth Earphones for Audiophile

4 Likes

Legit curious about these, may give them a try for 99 initial price.

1 Like

I love how Fiio listed a number of captain obvious upgrades like cable upgrade but didn’t bother to list an official frequency response graph. We all know increased driver count is 100% irrelevant unless the implementation is good.

Don’t have much hope on the FA7s given that the original FA7 kind of sucks (Any top $50 IEM like the Mele is much better than the FA7) and Fiio is very hit and miss on tuning their IEMs.

Knowing that Fiio messed up the FH5s, I wouldn’t be surprised if Fiio messes up the FA7s by making the tuning even warmer than the FA7 which is already way too warm.

I have a Fiio M11 DAP and really love it; re IEMs I have around 20 or so, but not a single Fiio IEM among them, the quality of their IEMs is just not the kind of roulette I want to spend my money on.

1 Like

People around here seem to be pretty down on Fiio’s IEMs, not quite sure why. Dumb launching announces and “pro cables” are fair criticisms for sure, but of the 3 I’ve had (Fh3, fd3, fd7) they’ve all kinda been winners imo

2 Likes

it’s all got to do with tuning preferences 22, and some don’t like Fiio’s ‘house sound’.

so…S.M.S.L. just came into the R2R game swinging hard…

2 Likes

Oof, 3.5k is quite the money. At this point they’re competing with Holo May and similar stuff.
It seems for now no one is entering the ring to fight Bifrost 2 and Ares 2 for the budget R2R champion.

2 Likes