Rumors and new releases thread

Yeah I can’t help but wonder if it’s actually capable of competing at that level. I have zero experience at that level and don’t have the money to buy that level of experience lol.

2 Likes

I’m right there with you. Don’t get me wrong, it looks good, but it also looks like they are using a common chassis and are just throwing updated circuitry into it. Don’t know that I trust it to perform at that level, especially since it’s a chip and not a discreet R2R ladder. And I don’t have that kind of money to gamble on it!

Of course, besides the price I was out the minute I saw MQA on it. Instant disqualifier right there!

1 Like

Just because it’s a chip based r2r doesn’t mean much imo, I’ve heard some excellent chip based r2r well over that price (owned a few as well lol), I would just be more concerned since it’s smsl implementing it than anything. From my knowledge this would be their first time working with such a chip (along with the first time really trying to dive deeper into the higher end)

6 Likes

Ahh,
The trend is currently showing again where it is going and what we can look forward to in the coming year.
The price is officially what Smsl wants for it.
For the money I get a nice audio note that will probably beat it.

R2R on Chifi basis, something will surely come.
But for a good one I think a bit of experience would be necessary to make a good R2R Dac.
Especially in which direction it tends.
With Holo May and Denfrips you can see that they have gone somewhat different ways than others who really rely on analogue.
Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I would have been happy to see some healthy competition, especially in the entry-level segment.
The Audio Gd, which is available for $400, is not supposed to be the greatest.
Nevertheless, it is brave of Smsl.

Interesting lineup

1 Like

This just dropped in to my AliExpress chat from ShenzhenAudio.

2 Likes

Soekris…R2R

http://soekris.dk/dac1421.html
1421 is $899
1321 is $449 sold out being replaced by 1221…

Looks like Monoprice is making closed versions of the m1070 and 1570. They’re also making an AMT headphone.

4 Likes

New IEM from Ikko. The Ikko OH2 Opal.

https://www.facebook.com/IKKOAUDIO/posts/1313780189081327

Popped up when I was browsing Aliexpress.

$70 doesn’t sound too bad. “Carbon nano-unit” single DD driver. :thinking: I dunno. Seems like they dropped the BA from the OH1s and made a cheaper shell. :thinking: The OH1S was such a departure and flop with a neutral-bright tuning and nothing new other than the shell design.

1 Like

Grabbing the popcorn, awaiting the AMT to be reviewed by some folks.

2 Likes

Its prob. the same driver as the gems, but you had to seal the bass by covering ports to even have any semblance of tonal balance. So here is to hoping they got it right… don’t touch till graphs!

1 Like

Surprised that no one has shared this yet:

THIEAUDIO Monarch MKII (1 DD + 6 BA + 2 EST)

And this:

THIEAUDIO V16 Divinity (16 BA)

1 Like

All done buddy :+1:

2 Likes

Chord Mojo 2

https://m.facebook.com/chordelectronics/photos/a.193269360773093/3928125077287484/?type=3&sfnsn=mo

is this genuine?

It’s from their Facebook page with a link to their website so I would say it’s genuine.

Happy Halloween from the Chord Electronics team! :ghost::jack_o_lantern::bat:

Find out more: Coming soon - Chord Electronics Ltd

Ok, Thanks. I don’t have a facebook account so was not sure. Another thing to drain my wallet then…:pensive:

1 Like

It doesn’t say Mojo 2 though. So I guess it could be another product…

It seems very unlikely that it’s not a Mojo 2. I guess we will see.

It looks more like a Hugo 3 to me (just basing on the 4 marbles on it rather than 3 like the Mojo)

1 Like

Interest piqued it is…

1 Like