Rumors and new releases thread

Absolute insane specs for that price.

7 Likes

Maybe finally a reason to use my apple dongle? :wink:

3.5mm in only when the number of phones without a headphone jack slowly seems to be increasing? If only it had the option for OTG

You will like the TRI Audio TK2 then. It should have a similar sound signature (Transparent/Neutral) to the Topping Amp and decent measurements too.

That’s assuming I wanna spend ~$290, and don’t mind a clean, little bit warmer sound signature.

The TK2 intrigues me as I enjoy the TRI IEM’s.

I preordered the upcoming Cayin RU6 dongle though instead due to it’s proprietary R-2R DAC. If it competes with or betters the L&P W2 than Cayin will have a winner on their hands.

3 Likes

Nice, I’ve been watching the RU6 thread at head-fi and have only found one first impression from twister6. Can you share your impressions when you get yours?

I need to decide between RU6 & EarMen Colibri. Not sure if I wanna get another EarMen product after sparrow and it’s horrible EMI problem though.

Will do. I’m guessing it may get shipped out soon… perhaps released today if Andrew has them? We’ll see.

1 Like

I’m a bit disappointed it’s just an amp, I was hoping Topping would come out with a update/replacement for the NX4 DSD dac/amp instead.

I agree, I would hate the sound of this graph… but Paul Wasabi has a graph he took of them, and it looks shockingly good. And nothing like this dry valley with twin peaks. I’m curious on his take of what they actually sound like. His graph looks very different to the original ZEX.

That looks actually pretty good. What’s up with the KZ Acoustics lab?

1 Like

Sennheiser HD 400 Pro
sehd400pro_2

Looks pretty much like the HD 560S but more expensive…
After Sennheiser sold its consumer part I guess now they just sell the HD 560S under their “Pro” department that they still own!?

https://www.adorama.com/sehd400pro.html

The joke about people wearing Sennheiser headphones backwards continues. But what do I know, he is the Pro.

(BTW. Can somebody explain to me how to insert a link that it directly shows the shop, product, description and price? Thanks.)

3 Likes

Just post the plain link in the reply. If the website supports it, a preview will be automatically embedded.

2 Likes

Loki Max Released

6 Likes

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Schiit Loki Max

I still haven’t reached out to Sennheiser for an official confirmation, but does anyone here know whether the transfer has been officially carried out? I’m talking about the transfer of its consumer section to Sonova — while yes, it has been publicized for some time now, they said the transfer should be completed before the end of the year… and the year is getting closer, and closer to its end.

Agreed but blocking Rumours and new release thread to discus just one item seems a bit meh :man_shrugging:

Moved to dedicated thread

1 Like

Just looked on the Sennheiser web site. They still list the HD 560S but with the price marked down from $259 to $229. Specs and visuals are identical between the two models. Both clearly have the HD 5 series housing. The HD 400 PRO comes in a new cardboard box, has the label PRO added to the new name that suggests an association with the venerable HD 600 and comes with a second cable, 1.8m and 3.5mm terminated (both cables are TRS). Despite the $319 MSRP on the Sennheiser site, Adorama is selling this brand “new” product at $250 with $289 crossed out. That’s $20 to cover the second cable.

1 Like