Rumors and new releases thread

I’ve only tried his EDP (Every Day Planar). I bought it second hand, so even if the company is sketchy, I didn’t have to support them. That being said there was an issue with the 2-pin socket being loose at least on one side, and I sent them to England and back and experienced great support. He was very personable and it didn’t matter that I wasn’t the original owner or anything.

That being said, if he was directly responsible for vanishing with all the backers’ money, that’s deplorable and I can’t justify myself to buy new from IMR (supporting them) as it really sounds like that’s what happened.

Hmm yes okay.
That really doesn’t sound good.
In Germany there is a small community that actually only reports good things about the Iem’s and seems to be satisfied.
Also with the support.

They probably didn’t even notice that.

What do you mean by the headphones being rendered? From the sound point of view or otherwise?

The image of the headphones looks like a computer drawing and not a real picture, possible red flag that they don’t have real headphones, or prototypes, and are bait and switch with just a CAD render.

1 Like

Oh, OK, now I understand.
Yes, a picture of how it looks in real life would certainly have been helpful.

It looks like it might be made in China at least the roughest part probably.

1 Like

A new month, a new oppoty. Fighting against the mele?

3 Likes

Sennheiser tweets from yesterday say same tuning, only change cosmetics and 2nd cable:
https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA/status/1467227561092603907
https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA/status/1467227479672823822

3 Likes

7 Likes

Oppoty has already been BL-Maxed, I do not understand.

2 Likes

Was announced at around 44k euro, 50k usd, no options unlike other lampi dacs, comes fully loaded off the bat. Glad it was lower than I suspected although still a jump from their other designs for sure. Cool that they accept trade in’s of their older gear at full msrp value, will make it more feasible to swing lol

1 Like

Kinda looks like the combination of an ikko oh1 and cayin fantasy shell design wise

1 Like

Gustard released the X18 with it’s own dedicated Accusilicon clocks and it’s priced at $750. Doesn’t look too bad, honestly.

:eyes:

Interesting… now that I can appreciate this… may have to try this out at some point

1 Like

How good are the Ess 9038 chip?

i’m hesitant because i really love the x16 for it’s bass but i think it’s partially because it’s accidentally elevated due to bad accuracy in the bass and sub bass and i’m scared i’ll lose that lol.

2 Likes

Don’t think anyone mentioned it yet. A new MU-601 DAC from XDuoo. Might be a good pair with MT-601 or MT-602.

I came close on 11.11
Thought I had posted about this before. Gotta love a DAC with a big front toggle switch. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Am I the only one confused by the front USB-C?

They LOVE their front inputs.
Fun that it is there, but concerned how the functionality might work.
I believe on the MT-602 it doesn’t mute the rear RCA inputs when you add input via front 3.5mm, rather “combines”. Not sure how this one works. A good Z Reviews candidate.

Confirmed

1 Like

Got an email from campfire about something dropping next week.

3 Likes