Rumors and new releases thread

Finally I can automagically EQ my Blessing2 to the Raycon Curve

1 Like

monoblocks
no trig input
class A/B

9CFBBA06-467C-4638-887B-F27B03954C92

Why do separates insist on living in the 70s. The idea that im going to walk up to my rack (or that I even have a whole ass hifi rack :shushing_face:) and flip every component on one by one, every time i want to listen is insane.

It probably sounds good, and I like the W I D E look with it being so thin but, damn yall. Please let me wake my system from my streamer.

It is called “Power Sequencing” and there are devices to automate that for you :wink:

LOL! I actually love “operating the system”. Switches, knobs… I love them all! But that is just me. I hear what you are saying. A cool all-in-one solution where one button does the trick has its appeal. Having said that, as @MazeFrame was saying, that process can be automated.

If I have levers, knobs and switches, I want an audible cue when using them. powering up or down is an excellent example. I loved CRT TVs for thst as a kid.

See the Deva Pro wired open-box on HFM’s site at $169. The difference of the wireless pro was the “R2R” component, but I believe this also came with stealth magnet revision on drivers which would represent the difference between original Deva/5xx. Curious to hear about anyone’s experience.

Call me boring or stupid but…

4 Likes

I made it a bit more interesting to the Hi-fi community :rofl:

No offense! Just for fun :blush:

8 Likes

Right, we are Audiophile. I forgot.

Seriously, is there a correct order to turn on devices with poweramps ? Like to not have a DAC turn on pop noise amplified with 400 Watt or so?

1 Like

SMSL is pumping out some stuff. They start to remind of KZ, releasing the same things in new cases.

3 Likes

new moondrop is out, not particularly interesting BUT they do come with moondrop spring tips, probably in all 3 sizes, which would be way cheaper than buying all 3 sizes separately

So it’s their “Tanya”, I wonder what the tuning resembles. If it follows their usual VDSF target, it may be a similar purchase choice to the Tripowin Lea.

Hard to get an impression of the nozzle length/ insertion depth from their photos, it’s like they deliberately only show the outer face or glimpse from the side.

I feel like Spring tips look great for fit, but I don’t like what I’ve heard of their impact on sound.

they’re the only wide bore i can comfortably wear (unfortunately) besides SS radius deep mounts (not even sure if these are wide bore looking at them again) so they have a place for that in my collection

1 Like

Moondrop releases Chu, $20 IEMs with non detachable cable

The amplifier turns on last. Before that does not really matter.

3 Likes

But do I really have to? I can’t turn everything on at the same time? Why?

When somebody is in the price realm of monoblocks I expect them to have a decent dac / pre-amp with anti-pop relay.

Do you have to? No, most stuff is designed where it won’t blow itself out on start up (but I’d check the manual to see what the company suggests anyways), but should you still do it anyways? Better safe than sorry imo, esp when you put a big investment into some nice gear. The tyr looks like it has a standby mode, so with these I’d just leave them on anyways so you don’t have to worry about it. In my own setup I personally always just have the dac on, and then preamp, then poweramp (at least if it’s a setup where I have a power amp and pre lol). In a different setup with also a combined dac/pre and power amps that setup just has triggers so it turns it on for me. In either setup I’d really really really really not want to risk having something go wrong and take out speakers or power amps just because I felt like turning things on in a different order that day

This all being said, I would have liked to see triggers on it as well, but I guess schiit just instead wants you to rely on their internal standby and use that

3 Likes

To an extent yeah, I’ve looked into a few power sequencing options as @MazeFrame suggested, but so far as I can tell they’re all huge/commercial rack units, and still don’t fully automate the process (unless I’m just missing the right gear, totally possible)

What im talking about is getting a system of full bore Hifi separates to emulate the functionality of a networked active speaker, where I can kick off roon/Tidal/airplay/whatever and it will wake the whole system from standby, start the amps, recall the last volume setting on the pre-amp and then start playing remotely. With how popular powered/network active speakers are these days you’d think separates manufacturers would want to play well with each other.

There’s a few combos of sources/pre’s/amps that can get this done without:
A. Leaving something on all the time
B. Getting wacky with some arduino/RasPI install
C. basically just being an all in one you put on your hifi shelf, thus limiting the component swapping goal of separates (NAD C658/Masters)

TO each their own ofc, but I just wish more gear supported standards like 12v in/out or we had some newer/more sophisticated way to accomplish linking a system up.

1 Like

Totally agree. Having been in enterprise operations for many years you quickly learn to appreciate the wisdom of load distribution, power sequencing, and eliminating single points of failure. It became second nature to employ the same techniques (as is practical) into my home setups as well.

2 Likes

Yep yep same thoughts here, and I am more concerned about keeping my own investment safe rather than the companies lol (but I’d still rather not take a hit for either if it’s fairly easily avoidable)

3 Likes