Rumors and new releases thread

Balanced gives you four times the power because you can have negative Voltages/ 2 Amp modules

Of course, one amp “pushes”, gives out positive voltage, the other “pulls”, negative voltage. Double the voltage is four times the power. Got confused by the double value “90 / 169mW” but I guess 169mW is a peak value.

The AAA-78 sounds nice.

the 169mW value is for the thx AAA 38 amp module, which is more powerful. that spreadsheet is done a little weird. since they have the same values on some between the 2 amp modules, they use 1 column. where it has 2 numbers with a / inbetween, dictates one from the other

Sieveking, authorized importer for germany, is also talking about a Ananda Version 2 with stealth magnets. Still can’t find a dealer though.

https://www.sieveking-sound.de/kopfhoerer/hifiman/ananda-version-2.html

The Ananda magnetostatic headphones replaced the Edition X model in HIFIMAN’s portfolio. Meanwhile, there is a new edition of both. ANANDA version 2 now comes with the technology of stealth magnets in addition to the NEO “supernano” diaphragms of its predecessor. So HIFIMAN’s all-rounder can now do even more.
Inside it, ultra-thin diaphragms of the latest generation perform lightning-fast work. The NEO “supernano” diaphragms are 80% thinner than previous developments. This is combined with newly designed stealth magnets. They literally no longer stand in the way of their good sound. No more sound waves break on them, which would lead to distortion. The Ananda’s characteristic sound pressure level is 103 dB, enabling impressive sound even at low output voltages.
Ananda version 2 shines on smartphones or portable music players without significant distortion. Of course, it becomes seriously dreamy on a high-quality headphone amplifier or a headphone output of a good hi-fi amplifier, provided that the output is not only to fulfill a token function on the device. Here, its sound unfolds: open, rich, warm and balanced on a wide stage.
At 440 g, the headphone is not heavy. The headband and driver suspensions were designed to ensure long-wearing comfort. The asymmetrical ear pads follow the natural shape of the head and ear. The headband is made of flexible steel and can be adjusted to fit the head size. The included cable is very flexible, does not tend to tangle and is optimized against microphonics.

1 Like

me- :eyes:
wallet- plz no

3 Likes

First German hifi shops have the Ananda version 2 in stock. Any US shops too? Only checked headphones. Com, they don’t mention a new version.

Surprised they “only” cost 800 euro. V1 started at 1000€ and stayed there for a long time, in US they got reduced to $700 quite fast.

Wonder why hifiman is not advertising anything so far… They make it a silent revision?

@ResolveReviews comparison video, when :blush:?

1 Like

hifi im hinterhof always has really nice deals. Got my LS50 from there for 666€

1 Like

the devil’s speakers!!!

1 Like

New AKM DAC chip. 64 bits, which is kind of pointless to state, but a 50dB improvement in S/R over previous AKM chips is mighty impressive. Hopefully, this translates into some good products down the line.
Also, going to a 64-pin package can become an issue for implementation. More pins are harder to route and may need more layers in PCB, which means more cost. This however can push some other improvements though.

4 Likes

new Aune X8 revision on hifigo has a add on LDAC BT module for +$30

1 Like

Besides the BTR7 a Fiio Q7 is also in the making. Supposed to be a M17 without the DAP features. Sounds like a contender for the iFi iDSD micro and Diablo.

https://twitter.com/FiiO_official/status/1525373547345981440

I wish there was a portable R2R DAC instead of another DS DAC but still, the Q7 seems interesting.

Cayin RU6!?

Aliexpress

Already own a RU6, that’s how I fell in love with R2R DACs. I meant a portable DAC and not a dongle DAC. Something similar in size and performence to other heavy hitters like micro iDSD Signautre, Mojo 2, Dethonray Honey H1…

RU6 drains the phone’s battery fairly quickly, lacks power to drive Headphones well and misses out on some technicalities compared to cometition. An R2R DAC of similar size as XD-05 BAL, with an in-built battery, more power… I would buy that immediately.

Just checked Fiio’s twitter page and damn, that’s a lot of new dongles, and DAC Amps they’re announcing

1 Like

That does technically exist. It’s just $3000. L&P P6 Pro :wink:

Astell&Kern have launched a new DAP they’re calling the Kann Max.

you can read all about it here:

Just $3000 huh :grin:. We have other options too like HiBy RS6, Cayin N6ii with R01 board… those are portable yes but they are DAPs, not DACs like iDSD Signature (my Fav), Mojo 2…

In my mind, R2R DAP is costlier (screen, cpu, os…) while a portable DAC won’t need extra components and so should be accessible at a lower cost.

Too bad they only give power specs with no load. But still, 15V would translate to about 7 Watts in 32 Ohm which is enough to use Susvara on the go :smiley:

1 Like

Damn. Ive havent seen onkyo make anything that cought my eye in recent years, but still sad to see.

5 Likes