Rumors and new releases thread

Looks suspicious like an ares 2 XD
Edit f*ing autocorrect -_-

3 Likes

the Chinese are excellent cloners…

3 Likes

I honestly think its most likely just from the same oem as Denafrips if you want to add another clone to the mix there is this thing from the french brand Armature called the Cronos Cronos - DAC R2R Symétrique - ARMATURE Audio
They even have a Holo Audio Spring one too Asterion DAC 24bit 384kHz I2S R2R DSD - ARMATURE audio

Wait a minute hold on its 749 euro for the ares clone and 1649 euros for the spring 3 clone that might be a solid choice

That is a remarkable copy of the Spring 3, assuming it looks like it does in the pics, and they didn’t just take pictures of the insides of a Spring 3 and Photoshop it a bit to change the color of the caps.

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Do DACs sound Identical?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Do DACs sound Identical?

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Do DACs sound Identical?

Limited edition black and gold version of the Final Audio D8000 Pro. Only 200 will be available worldwide. Releases in November. Also available for pre-order on Headphones dot com

If we can have mods move all the posts related to this topic to the correct thread, it would be perfect =)
I’d love to jump in to the discussion

2 Likes

Soncoz SGDP1 finally released. Price and performance is not competitive tho compared to purifi

2 Likes

Might I suggest ignoring and not engaging juliangst? Or maybe take it elsewhere. I may not speak for everyone but those of us subscribed to this thread for the sake of knowing about new products are probably uninterested in watching how this plays out.

4 Likes

I agree that we should go back to talking about new releases.
This isn’t going anywhere

5 Likes

If the desire to continue this discussion is there, it can be moved here

Do Dacs Sound Identical?

I gotta say, I am sort of interested in this! I don’t wish to crap all over @juliangst point of view, whether I agree or not. Just a thought. Now back to those rumors and new relerases!

2 Likes

Done - Cheers
:beers:

3 Likes

5 Likes

If Samsung could only fix their broken SBC implementation or get over themselves and implement aptX :frowning:

Tempoptec Variations V6 DAP has some first impressions from Eric Lab and Jürgen from audioreviews and all what was said up until this point is heavy praise! Expected 270 bucks on Kickstarter for this bad boy

3 Likes

Another interesting hybrid. Planar + BA <100$

3 Likes

Hart Audio Cables has new iem cables and basic replacment cables for headphones.

5 Likes

xDuoo released a SPDIF / Toslink DAC with bass and treble tone control. Would like to see some measurements about the tone control. Expect the bass shelf to go too high up into the mids like on the Poke 2 I tried, unfortunately.

Some new BLON

and a DETHONRAY Pegasus SG1 bluetooth DAC/AMP. Wonder if it will have any app / EQ.

2 Likes