Rumors and new releases thread

The pure planar mode looks good to me.

2 Likes

The grill and set back jacks give me HD800 vibes.

Magnet structure looks totally different. No bars but one round magnet in the middle and one ring magnet (?) more to the edge.

16 Likes

ditto…they cloned Sennheiser!!! or Sennheiser is taking over?

Oh!

1 Like

New Topping combo unit

The highlights seem to be:

• It’s cheap $99
  • New AKM DAC
  • It’s smole 3.9"x3.8"x1.25" (10cm x 9.8cm x 3.2cm)
  • fairly low distortion

Single ended (quarter inch and 3.5mm)
High/low gain
280mW x2 @32ohm
51mW x2 @300ohm
LNRD circuit
USB in only w/RCA line out

3 Likes

39 posts were split to a new topic: Judging new products based on specs

Man this happened after I posted about the clone holo stuff about a month ago if you want to talk about this stuff please put it in the Do dacs matter thread and keep it out of the Rumors and new releases thread for the sake of us lurkers.

Imma just put random product that released a little while ago to get it back on new releases

The Vancer Ace is a brand new mousepad from the creator of the vancer gretxa and the vancer ice mousepad, it features a rainbow coating and coming from someone who owned the ice (recently sold it to a friend since I am thinking about getting this one) it is supposed to be as fast as that.

2 Likes

Love myself some mouse/mousepad content :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku I know you are past the stock earbuds but this look quite interesting indeed. I am wondering if anyone already heard that from your surroundings

3 Likes

Not that I say that they are not interesting but what makes them special? Don’t see any specs, Can’t even tell what is the difference between db1 and db1e (at least from the none existing hifigo description).

This model is from KS, like the LBBS!? They already haven even more pricey sets.

1 Like

I mean they look stunning, the build quality looks great (this is probably the only area left where the stock buds win with DIY and I hope that changes soon), cable is disattachable both ways and they have history of great buds (LBBS indeed). They have also history of terrible buds for a lot of money, but still, hopes are there :slight_smile:

DB1E is enhanced impedance version of DB1. It has lower sensitivity and 80Ohms instead of 30Ohms. I don’t know how is it an enhancement, but that is how they call it and it is 60% cheaper than non enhanced version. Fuck logic

Only thing that looks good on it to me is the modular cable and 2pin connectors.
Judging by the venting and the reputation that kind of bell shape has in the DIY world, the potential isnt that high.

Also, they have shit QC as @WoodyLuvr himself can attest to. (got burned pretty hard by them…)

Only difference I can tell is that the faceplate is different.

This is the PK faceplate style.

This is more like their usual Bell-Ti style iirc.

4 Likes

Ok, you got me :slight_smile:
But honestly I love the fit of the LBBS (I mean I hate it in general terms, but in buds category it is only matched by Qian39…) and I love the looks of LBBS, this new DB1E and even this TRN EMX.
If only DIY buds would be made of metal and this sleek looking I thing they would rule the world (I mean no offense obviously - I love the sound of your Rikubuds Alter Rider 1s, and I recommend it to everyone around, but the plastic shell does not scream premium).

2 Likes

Have you tried Yuin PK shells?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003683026088.html
That one uses a well regarded driver afaik.

I honestly dont think metal is a good material for buds, due to the extra weight compared to plastic/resin, which would be a bottleneck for fit.

1 Like

Did not try them, but they look quite good in terms of potential fit (I believe MX500 are overly “squarish” causing pain), but still maybe a little bit too “high” meaning the parallel distance from the drivers faceplate to the top of the stem. I have seen some PK shells used by DIYers, but would you use it?

1 Like

Currently got 9 pk drivers coming alongside the 2 I already have. They are so comfortable I want my whole Gen 3 to use them.

Mx500 left
Yuin pk right

1 Like

Rumors only about music? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

SMSL su10

1 Like

FiiO Q7

The Q7 is a portable headphone amplifier developed along the lines of the flagship M17 DAP and is also the new flagship of the Q series. It features a 1.3-inch LCD screen for easy operation.

The DAC chip is the flagship ESS ES9038PRO, which supports 384kHz/32-bit and DSD256 PCM playback, and features two THX AAA-788+ headphone amplifier circuits, newly developed by FiiO and THX using THX’s proprietary technology. . Circuits of the THX AAA-788+ headphone amplifier.

Equipped with a DC power mode to further improve sound quality. Up to five gain adjustments are possible, allowing “flexible handling of everything from IEMs to the heaviest headphones.”

DC power mode

In addition to the 2.5/3.5/4.4mm headphone outputs, there is a new 6.3mm output. It also features coaxial digital input/output, a dedicated USB 2.0 port for audio, and two line outputs (3.5mm unbalanced/4.4mm balanced).

Q7 output terminals

The Q7 also features an audio circuit section with Panasonic ECHU capacitors and an ultra-high-precision crystal oscillator. It is equipped with Qualcomm’s QCC5124 SoC and supports Bluetooth including LDAC, aptX HD and aptX Adaptive.

Equipped with XMOS ‘XUF208’ USB controller chip, the USB DAC supports PCM 768kHz/32bit and DSD512 input, with MQA x8 decoding function. It is equipped with a 9,200mAh high-capacity battery for fast recharging.

4 Likes

EUR: 9999
crying-tears

2 Likes