Rumors and new releases thread

Wouldn’t assume that, he’s really just doesn’t make big claims about anything.
There are advantages and disadvantages to putting a DAC inside an amp, I’d guess the additional COG is small, and it likely increases your potential audience.

The LP DAC might be interesting, I’d assume it’s probably a discrete output section.

I’d have bought the Liquid Gold if it had shipped when it was supposed to, but I’d probably be looking at something higher tier at this point.

1 Like

M0N should buy the liquid gold x and tell me if i should buy it or not LMAO :kissing_heart:

Uggggg cmon lol, I’m curious but I don’t know if I need to buy one

2 Likes

you know you waaaaaaaaaaan to!

In this hobby, if we just buy what we need, I’m pretty sure we would have stopped at the 100 to 200 dollar mark. Maybe even lower. =P

7 Likes

Right there lol

1 Like

Mic drop

10 characters

1 Like

So Z calls his videos reviews, but we don’t treat them as such.

You arrange your written words and phrases to form critical assessments of a product, but we aren’t supposed to treat it as a review.

Got it.

8 Likes

Just take it as you will lol, but I just fail to see much value in what I write in terms of just generalized thoughts on something, really only helpful to me lol (and gives me something to do from time to time). IMO if I were to try and do a review of something, it would pretty much solely consist of comparisons of other products and signal chains/synergy notes and thoughts, since everything else tends to not be very valuable imo

Since I see him responding, if you want to see an actual review check out stuff that @WaveTheory has wrote lol

1 Like

Lol. IME, though, if you ever want to know @M0N’s opinion on a piece of gear, just ask him. He’ll tell you. If you tell him what you’re looking for, he’ll also tell you what pieces are worth looking into and which ones to skip. I guess that’s a review of sorts.

1 Like

Oh geez, don’t hype-train me. I can only let you all down :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

IMO working things out one on one is 10x more valuable than a generalized review, since I know for myself that while I can’t really put into words some of it, I can prob give you more information how it would actually apply to you being your tastes, your system, and your goals, etc

Also this is going farther off topic here, perhaps continue this discussion elsewhere lol

1 Like

Pretty sure everything we just said falls under “rumor” :rofl:

1 Like

Beat me to the punch

on another note, still waiting on reviews for the finally released liquid spark dac, heard nothing on liquid platinum dac, and little on the new beyers still(had to say something to keep the thread on track lol)

1 Like

I’ll put this out here to bring things back to rumors.

Violectric DHA V380

Looks like those waiting for the next generation of “amp only” Violectric’s will have to wait for these DHA series to get out of the way first.

3 Likes

Darn but it’s getting close to an amp only at least lol

So this is a more affordable slimmed down version of the v590 I assume

Wonder what new Moondrop IEM these might be?

1 Like