Rumors and new releases thread

new release…Bottlehead has made a tube energizer for Stax ear speakers.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Nice, a somewhat less shitty cable. Still janky, but there’s hope for the future.

Has anyone brought up the FiiO Q3?

2 Likes

Interesting, I was thinking of grabbing something in the iFi Hip Dac/Topping NX4 space for fun and this is another option. The specs don’t seem to stand out other than the THX label. Having BOTH 2.5 and 4.4 balanced outputs is pretty cool.

1 Like
1 Like

bggar showed off a new version of blons

the BL-05s or something else?

edit - yup, the 05s

and apparently it’s still so close to the original 05’s that one shouldn’t consider it much different. guess it’s not the ‘fixed’ 05 I read about earlier. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like audeze copy! :grin:

If Audeze used a bent piece of metal with a Beyerdynamic pad for the headband, and fuzzy fabric pads. Curious how it sounds but this thing looks cheap. :grin:

Or is it ZMF2?? Headband somewhat reminiscent haha. Pads look very cheap and fuzzy like you say. Probably a ripoff of something cheap

I want to ask what headphone it is - but I am a little positive that BGGR mentioned that he received a pre-production headphone model from a company.

I don’t watch YT that much, so I have no idea if he mentioned this headphone before…

Blon 05s apparently

1 Like

But… isn’t the 05s the little IEM? or is that specifically just BL-05?

1 Like

Not sure but someone else posted it already ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ Up the page a bit

1 Like

Yes 05S is the iem.

The headphone is from Blon, but he didnt mention a name or anything more about it. Except that it is good.

1 Like

I hope its a dynamic and not a clone of the sivga pheonix we dont need what happened to the aiva all over again

1 Like

What happened to the Aiva :thinking:

Btw, the Phoenix is a dynamic, but Aiva is the planar

yepw why i specified the fact that i dont want it to be a clone of anything. well the aiva was reviewed and release with a ton of hype. blon,takstar , monoprice made clones to varrying degrees of successcertain models were kinda crap and had qc issues.

1 Like

Gotcha, you are basically saying that Aiva was a good model, and then everybody jumped on copying it… and not everybody was successful with that, correct?

This new Blon headphone doesn’t quite look like the Phoenix, it definitely has many new elements (Audeze rods, interesting headband, somewhat Beyerdynamic-style earcups, etc.).

I believe this new Blon headphone is the prototype or the unreleased model that BGGR announced some time ago. It will be interesting to see how it does in terms of sound