Rumors and new releases thread

I’m not sure how Hiby can say offline mode is not supported. It’s not something Hiby implements. As long as the version of Android on the device supports the app version that has offline mode it should work. The only stipulation would be if they modified Android to not somehow remove the sd card reading permission but that would affect reading/writing from the sd card for the whole system.

Edit: ignore what I said. I missed that you are talking about Hiby OS

1 Like

There is no option to download a song via built-in Tidal in HiBy OS - be it HiBy R2 II or TempoTec V3. You can only launch “the app” if you’re connected to WiFi.

Can’t find anything related to Sound Field or named relatively close to it, either or HiBy R2 II or TempoTec V3. Maybe it’s exclusive to Hidizs?

So far, no freezes, no crashes, no bugs.
I mostly listen to a whole variety of different local files: FLAC tracks, long MP3 podcasts, etc.
I haven’t really tried Bluetooth - not my use case.

2 Likes

SMSL SU-X DAC…

DEATH TO THE MQA!!!

more sentences to make message clear.

6 Likes

LOL yep! I won’t even consider a DAC if it has MQA in it. Why pay more for something I will never use? And anyway, it’s the principle of the thing. I will not support MQA in any form. Seems like SMSL continues to push this crap, so I am done with SMSL DACs for now until they wake up and stop offering MQA.

6 Likes

Hi there, as this device doesn´t have an official international dealer, here are my impressions:

4 Likes

SU-X MQA? More like MQA SUX

2 Likes

Moondrop now sells the Chu2 paired with a USB C DSP cable. Honestly, their recent product strategy is a little bit like “throw things at the wall and see what sticks”.

2 Likes

Dekoni and HFM collaborated and created the Cobalt.

1 Like

create your own white noise.

2 Likes

They look like ear tags for cattle, but who knows? It could be a very ergonomic design, and of course sound will be a crapshoot.

6 Likes

I cannot unsee that. :rofl:

Probably aimed at the small niche that wants zero isolation for maximum awareness, similar to the Linkbuds category. (that one sucks.)

5 Likes

Someday, they will see the light and the truth that is “earbuds”.

4 Likes

Idk how these would offer any improvement in fit and sound over bc headphones like shokx. A company should use the tws adapter style and use bc right in front of the ear like shokx so you don’t have the band around the back of your head

EDIT: Nvm shokx already did it lol

1 Like

BC hps like Shokz sounds worse than something like the linkbuds.

But this Bose clip style (huawei has one as well) should be even worse sounding than the linkbuds so dunno if its on par with BC style.

1 Like

im fairly certain that is not a BC and is a DD. Fiio (Jade Audio) JW1 is a cheaper one like that.

1 Like

you don’t buy that style if SQ is your #1 concern. I had a pair of Shokx and the SQ was perfectly adequate for how I used them (working out and riding my bike). I have not heard the linkbuds but I did hear they got pretty ripped up. I can’t imagine this clip style could produce better sound than a BC right against your head but I could be wrong. Also the clip style seems very uncomfortable and idk how they stay up when doing any form of rapid movement

Yeah for sure, none of these types of transducers are meant for sound, its for awareness.

1 Like

it definitely doesn’t look like a DD, maybe a planar?

EDIT: Nvm its a really weird rectangular 18x11mm DD. So my idea is still valid!!

3 Likes