Rumors and new releases thread

2 Likes

They look like ear tags for cattle, but who knows? It could be a very ergonomic design, and of course sound will be a crapshoot.

6 Likes

I cannot unsee that. :rofl:

Probably aimed at the small niche that wants zero isolation for maximum awareness, similar to the Linkbuds category. (that one sucks.)

5 Likes

Someday, they will see the light and the truth that is “earbuds”.

4 Likes

Idk how these would offer any improvement in fit and sound over bc headphones like shokx. A company should use the tws adapter style and use bc right in front of the ear like shokx so you don’t have the band around the back of your head

EDIT: Nvm shokx already did it lol

1 Like

BC hps like Shokz sounds worse than something like the linkbuds.

But this Bose clip style (huawei has one as well) should be even worse sounding than the linkbuds so dunno if its on par with BC style.

1 Like

im fairly certain that is not a BC and is a DD. Fiio (Jade Audio) JW1 is a cheaper one like that.

1 Like

you don’t buy that style if SQ is your #1 concern. I had a pair of Shokx and the SQ was perfectly adequate for how I used them (working out and riding my bike). I have not heard the linkbuds but I did hear they got pretty ripped up. I can’t imagine this clip style could produce better sound than a BC right against your head but I could be wrong. Also the clip style seems very uncomfortable and idk how they stay up when doing any form of rapid movement

Yeah for sure, none of these types of transducers are meant for sound, its for awareness.

1 Like

it definitely doesn’t look like a DD, maybe a planar?

EDIT: Nvm its a really weird rectangular 18x11mm DD. So my idea is still valid!!

3 Likes

it is indeed a weird shape for a DD but does not look like it has planar traits in that pic.

2 Likes

these caught my attention. they have built-in EEG function to monitor brain activity and help when you’re focused or stressed, etc. that’s really different!

If it phones home to anyone or requires internet to function I’d pass. Can’t trust corps with any of your biometric data. Its just not wise imho.

1 Like

So, if anyone remembers me raving about the Hisense Touch being the perfect device for both reading and if it had an SD card, as a DAP as well, well. Looks like I found just that device.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005006395131911.html
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=744272552241&skuId=5256562301372

This one is about 4x cheaper than the Hisense Touch, but has an sd card and is much smaller so it should compete with the tiny daps like the Shanling M0 Pro except with the battery being claimed to last 75 hours with music listening. Which sounds insane and unbelievable, but it might not be too far fetched since the Hisense Touch battery life lasts me days as well.

Although this does not seem to have a backlighting which can be a deal breaker for the reader use case (if you need to read at night). As a DAP, it can also be an issue if you dont have any other external source of lighting, if you dont know how eink displays looks/works, just think of it like a regular book, you cant read a book in darkness without an external source of light but there is no issues if there is.

(I ordered it so will find out how it is next month I guess.)

Oh and before someone asks me what happened to my Hisense Touch. It is taking way way way too many hours of my life each night when Im reading on it before I go sleep. :rofl:

7 Likes

Wtf, but it does seem like it does not have jack?
If it does that is the totl

A bit hard to tell on the ali pics.

But on tmall, it is clear that it has.

And does mention this here:
Shocking HiFi sound quality

Hear the layering of sound

Easily switch between headphones, external speakers, and Bluetooth, supporting playback of MP3, FLAC AAC, WAV, APE, WMA and other formats

But well, if that is NOT a 3.5mm somehow, that wont be much of an issue since I do assume the 3.5mm will be pretty shitty (double digit OI like other similar daps in that price range) and you can just use it with the jcally ja3t which shouldnt make much of a difference with how tiny it is.

6 Likes

New Cayin HA-2A tube amp. $1300 USD
Looks amazing

3 Likes

Why is the 4.4 lower power than the 4pin XLR?

apparently it was designed for IEMS in mind with the 4pin xlr for headphones.

Ah that makes sense if it results in lower noise and output impedance