Rumors and new releases thread

:open_mouth::sunglasses:…Cayin Pearl 30i the 30th Anniversary Tube Amplifier…

9 Likes

5 Likes

Suzuki is re-releasing the Omnichord…with updates, thought it’s still the horrible 80’s electronics beige >.<

4 Likes

cream of the gods

This is awesome, they’re kind of expensive collectors items and I haven’t read the article but hopefully if they’re priced reasonably this can drive that down.

EDIT: MIDI out capabilities!

$750??? Ok forget the “driving the price down” hopes. Heck the what?

8 Likes

Tanchjim has a new set called Origin. Judging from shells it’s basically Oxygen MK2 (MK 1.5 ?) but let’s wait for some graphs and reviews.

already graphed

5 Likes

150 usd, 15.4mm DD.

Looks like an earbud driver to me.

6 Likes

Does it bode well?

Putting a DD around that size into an iem and without having the “USB”-stick form like the Sony already is a terrible choice for comfort/fit, this also does not have a single vent on the shell on any of the pictures they showed. There is also no graph on it, cant say it looks well for me…

(nvm it does have vents at least, they look pretty damn small though.)

3 Likes

I have one incoming Paul from iBasso noted not a bass monster more quality over Quantity

2 Likes

I’m interested in this one. In my eyes, iBasso stands for quality, precision, and innovation. It lives up to its motto “In pursuit of perfection.”

I’ve been insanely lucky to have been granted to use a number of its flagship DAPs, and they have never let me down. However, I have never listened to iBasso’s IEMs. Just seeing this enormous 15.4mm DD gets me excited af. As @Rikudou_Goku pointed out, there are some concerns regarding the design. I would be very surprised if iBasso let this out the factory without it passing its standards. Not to mention that those standards are likely even tighter considering this is a part of the company’s anniversary product lineup.

Whaaaat

2 Likes

I was just told that the first batch has almost sold out in China

2 Likes

Wow, this has got to be the first uncut dongo with actual foreskin. :rofl:

Introducing the FiiO KA11.

https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/893399.html

Super clean “three zeroes” signal, 200 mW @32, not too shabby for this size class, not shabby at all.

1 Like

some news for the Canucks…HVM is coming back to Canada with pop-up stores inside Toys R Us locations. CD’s and Vinyl from what the article shares.

1 Like

8 Likes

“hifi”, maybe they wanna fill in the shoes that LG left?

2 Likes

Most phones play towards one main strength — the camera would probably be far behind other models - you can’t fix a camera with a dongle, but you can fix music playback with one. And for me, camera and GPS are the only reason I don’t carry a dumb phone.

7 Likes

yeah, will see where they go with this. I think they have to stay at like sub 400 usd to be competitive. Beyond that and u would expect more from it as a phone and Its pretty much impossible for them to be competitive with the “real” smartphone companies out there.

3 Likes

Shhhh, if you don’t stop with your logic we won’t be able to continue watching Moondrop being the Titanic, running themselves face first into the iceberg

1 Like