Rumors and new releases thread

Noble has come out with a dynamic / planar hybrid headphone with a $650.00 USD price tag.

1 Like

Looks like they are putting an iem planar in it. Those are full range drivers but just putting them inside a hp like that should make them work more like a tweeter. (even if it doesnt have a crossover.)

2 Likes

New Sony MDR-M1 Studio Headphones. These have piqued my interest as I am still on the hunt for a good closed back. The last Sony’s that I liked and owned were the legendary Sony MDR-CD3000.

Here is a detailed review by Todd on the set so far.

3 Likes

Cool! Looks near identical to the MDR-M1ST, wonder how different this is, this one is cheaper at 250 usd instead of (iirc) around 300 usd for the M1ST.

The driver in this seems to be a white LCP diaphragm.

2 Likes

So tempted to just blind buy this, lol. Looks like it could fit the bill for me for sure from what I am seeing but do want to get my ears on it, probably an Amazon buy and send back worst case. I’ll probably end up waiting a wee bit longer for more reviews to trickle out though…impatiently of course. :laughing:

1 Like

Fiio BTR17 coming with a volume knob.

https://twitter.com/FIIO_official/status/1833331131028222264/photo/1

The BTR17 is the next-generation model, succeeding the BTR7. It will feature Qualcomm’s latest flagship Bluetooth chip. Of course the Desktop Mode and high-precision multi-band PEQ (parametric equalizer) will be included.
Additionally, the BTR17 allows to switch between Bluetooth DAC/Amp mode, phone dongle mode, and USB DAC mode.
We will launch it around Nov, and it is expected to be about 200 USD.

Curios about its power output with their latest dongles being quite powerful. (KA11 220mW, KA17 650mW)

10 Likes

FiiO nailed the design once again :star_struck:

Who wants to buy my BTR7? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Meh. These stealth designs since the Q5 look like they’re meant to evade radar detection, nothing to do with what a DAC should look like. BTR3, KA11, KA5, BTR15, those are proper audio device designs.

I love the aesthetic, and in theory the feel, of volume knobs… but for something going in my pocket, I end up always wishing I had buttons for easy control and not adjusting accidentally. Looks like a great little device and that they’re pricing it right.

1 Like

that looks dope really liking the btr 15 upgrade from the 5, might have to add this bish too

oh god, you brought back some bad memories i had when I used my daps years ago…

1 Like

Just received my fiio ft1 today. Been playing warzone all day and no fatigue at all. Sound or comfort wise. Pads are super lush and comfy. They melt into my face in a good way as in soft. The build quality is like any Denon fostex with the similar band and yoke. Just don’t grab it hard when picking it up off the table via one ear cup.

Sound is similar to the emu teak which I was hoping for. Mix of teak but now as forward mids. Still nice and clean however. Bass is just as good and thumpy. Sound stage is a bit more wide. Especially height in soundstage it’s much higher. More so than the hd660s2 I preciously had. Width is on par with any closed back but the height soundstage is one of the tallest I’ve experienced especially in open headphones for this price and a bit higher. I noticed it with people running around scaffolding in warzone a lot more. Roofs and stairways and behind closed doors. Reminded me of my hd700 I used to have to pinpoint footsteps.

Pads are deeper than the emu Teaks and dt1990 and hd660s2. My ears don’t touch anything. Just perfect like the hd700 where they plop on no problem.

Wire is kinda bad. It’s thick and a tad stiff. Doesn’t lay flat and pokes up near my keyboard and loops there. Not an issue as it’s replaceable.

I tried putting the emu teak pads on it and the sound came forward and brighter like the Teaks are. Bass did decrease just a little though. But I think soundstage dropped a bit. Put the stock pads back on since they’re so comfy.

Using a zen dac v2 to power them. Usually I have second thoughts about headphones but these and my Teaks were the only ones where I actually enjoyed them at first listen and didn’t complain about anything. I like a lot and is a nice alternative to the Teaks which the wood split on mine and using the th610 walnut cups on them without issue for years now. For $140 it’s a steal. I’ll try some zmf pads next and hopefully bring the mids in a little closer and not sacrifice much else. Listening to the Shawn Ryan podcast, male vocals are nice and lush. Love these headphones.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes::green_heart:

8 Likes

The name Performer7 was right there…

2 Likes

It was, but this is a signal it will cost closer to P5 price than P8

3 Likes

They couldnt calculate what 5 + 2 is. :rofl:

2 Likes

5+2 looks goofy on the faceplate

1 Like

Not a fan of the black lines.

1 Like

14.2mm Spandex DD. (wtf spandex lol)

5 Likes

It says 1 EST. I thought EST had to come in pairs…?