Rumors and new releases thread

Is it me, or do I hear that Cayin is overpriced way too often?

I don’t recall ever hearing that for iBasso. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE iBasso, but I genuinely don’t remember hearing that someone was criticizing the value you get out of its products. They are costly, but I always found it easy to justify their cost. To be fair, I do know a little behind the scenes stuff, and I know that iBasso’s profit margins are relatively small. Perhaps I even remember a product of theirs that turned out to be non-profitable.

My DX320MAX Ti has been getting a ton of playtime… I keep coming back to it.

4 Likes

I can completely agree with you here bro, but it’s just 3000$ for a portable DAC/AMP is not what I personally can afford. So that’s what i just mentioned in my previous comment.

1 Like

this here radio is purty kewl!

2 Likes

and this bike bell / speaker is curious too!

2 Likes

Wish we had these growing up, haha. Pretty neat! :+1:

2 Likes

How good are they actually in actual use? Feels like they have to be pretty loud if you are using them for music and if it is it will be pretty disturbing for others, if not used for music then it just seems majorly overpriced for just a bike bell…

1 Like

notice it says it can only be used for music when you’re not in motion. I’ve used the old style ones before so with digital amplification, these should be good too. proof is in the pudding though, so we’ll need to wait for reviews.

Feels a bit pointless to me at least, but well this is coming from the one with a bell under 10 usd.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005548606042.html

2 Likes

seems you didn’t read much of the article to understand why this is being made. the sound has been tuned so it can be heard in situations you would not readily hear or recognize a standard bike bell, like the one you pointed out too. that specialty means it would likely be a really good item for major city dwellers where traffic and noise can get insane. for those in smaller quieter burbs, it would likely be overkill, LoL.

personally I would love to belt out the Imperial March when I’m coming up on people in front of me… :wink:

Yeah I guess I cant relate to that at all since I am not in a big city even for Sweden´s standards.

As an ex Londoner, I feel like a bike bell stands out from the rest of the bustle pretty darn well?

Edit: besides, conditioning counts. I can hear a bike bell very clearly AND nearly instantly know what kind of action I need to take. A newfangled sound even if I heard it better would have slower response time if I didn’t associate it with “I need to get out of way of a bike”

2 Likes

The Apos x Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Refine is available to order:

$299 ($50 cheaper than the original ATH-R70x)
US and Canada exclusive.
Limited to 1000 units.
New black & gold look.
Brand-new Audio-Technica designed velour ear-pads.
“Warmer, deeper, fuller sound”
Same ole 470Ω, 98dB/mW sensitivity, and max. 1000mW@1kHz power input, and 7.04oz weight!

Apos is also offering a whole bunch of bundle discounts, what they are calling the R70x Refine Ecosystem:

List excluding photos

$435 Apos x Z Reviews Magia cable bundle ($50 discount)

$346 ZMF Caldera hybrid ear-pad bundle ($40 discount)

$328 ZMF Ori perforated lambskin ear-pads bundle ($38 discount)

$449 NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety (limited brass knob edition) bundle ($50 discount)

$359 TOPPING DX1 bundle ($40 discount)

$341 SMSL SU-1 MQA Audio DAC bundle ($39 discount)

$350 Antlion ModMic Uni 2 bundle ($10 discount)

$370 Antlion ModMic USB 2 bundle ($20 discount)

$420 Antlion ModMic Wireless bundle ($20 discount)

$435 Apos x Z Reviews Magia cable bundle ($50 discount)

$346 ZMF Caldera hybrid ear-pad bundle ($40 discount)

$328 ZMF Ori perforated lambskin ear-pads bundle ($38 discount)

$449 NITSCH x Schiit Magni Piety (limited brass knob edition) bundle ($50 discount)

$359 TOPPING DX1 bundle ($40 discount)

$341 SMSL SU-1 MQA Audio DAC bundle ($39 discount)

$350 Antlion ModMic Uni 2 bundle ($10 discount)

$370 Antlion ModMic USB 2 bundle ($20 discount)

$420 Antlion ModMic Wireless bundle ($20 discount)

There are also other products that you can bundle the R70x Refine with. Not all are listed under Apos’ webpage. Just reach out to them via email ([email protected] or [email protected]).

The links above are affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission from it. You support me at no added cost =)
I was not paid to make this post, nor did Apos Audio send it to me. I composed it based on Apos’ website, and some information that was shared on the Head-Fi thread.

2 Likes

The xMEMS revolution is coming. SoundPEATS has a soft drop going right now on the Capsule 3 Pro+ on Amazon. They’re officially starting at $130, but they’re handing out samples right now through Amazon Vine and have the price fixed at $60 right now. The Capsule 3 Pro were surprisingly solid but were just a single 12mm DD and these Pro+ get an xMEMS driver so this might get interesting in both detail and noise cancelling abilities.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D62PFSFS

1 Like

I have been interested in something like this so I ordered up a set. Thanks for sharing. :+1:t2:

1 Like

They showed up today and I’m using them right now and first impressions is that they’re the best TWS on the market. I’ve had pretty much all of the $300+ TWS earbuds and these are just better. ANC is great and pretty much just as good as the Bose, Sennheiser, and Sony flagships if you get a good enough seal, and the tuning is pretty much perfect. Bass slams super hard with the 12mm DD and that xMEMS driver is electrostat fast, and I don’t mean EST drivers, I mean real electrostatic and it just has so much detail. They’re just flat out good. Their app doesn’t work at all for me, but you don’t actually need it at all imo, no reason to change the tuning and the touch controls are all you really need.

3 Likes

New Fiio FT1 ($160) closed back 60mm dynamic looks nice. Headband has some HE-4xx vibes, especially the swivel.

4 Likes

Placed an order on these. Look like an upgrade from my emu teak’s for bass. Hell yeah

1 Like

mangird tea pro is up for pre order

2 Likes