Rumors and new releases thread

Whoa, whoa, whoa. This might be overkill

5 Likes

this one I gotta wait for, I’m interested to hear that big ass driver

1 Like

That looks interesting but that price , not sure how competitive that is? With Sonion BA maybe but I guaranteed they are not.

1 Like

yeah it’s a thing to see yeah, we’ll see

1 Like

A 14mm DD is kinda insane lmao might be sick, or might be suck… That price is a little eye-watering though.

I don’t think this is a collab with the YouTuber Vortex, or maybe it is idk but It made me think of him. I like that fool too, his accent makes me chuckle a little during the reviews lmao

4 Likes

I just woke up and read 142mm…
Yeah, I might sit this one out. I like Tangzu’s attempts to experiment and try to break into higher price brackets, but they always seem to fall a little short compared to the competition.
I still kept the Nezha though, I really like how that one does acoustic guitars.

1 Like

S12 2024 Edition…

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0DBYVZQ38?fbclid=IwY2xjawE-eYFleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHZUzTqh9yT_X-2euOz6SQ4S2to4M-FoWeoqIw49lRaljJJ2zUWdxefXgZA_aem_WzBS-Kzv3tpotYte2CWMYw

Just checked with the guy and it is not him.

It seems like this.

2 Likes

Yeah I figured that out yesterday because someone on Head-Fi mentioned Vortex cables… I felt dumb af so I let the post be :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Dunu are releasing a new version of their acclaimed SA6, now with additional 2 EST drivers

6 Likes

Axel has a review out for it on Gizaudio.

3 Likes

I’m interested in the Dunu SA6 but I dunno yet

I am however locked in for Tangzu’s open back dd IEM

that 14.2mm sounds cool too but eh
I can guarantee 300 and below IEMs somewhat but 500 and above is eeehhh

Noble has come out with a dynamic / planar hybrid headphone with a $650.00 USD price tag.

1 Like

Looks like they are putting an iem planar in it. Those are full range drivers but just putting them inside a hp like that should make them work more like a tweeter. (even if it doesnt have a crossover.)

2 Likes

New Sony MDR-M1 Studio Headphones. These have piqued my interest as I am still on the hunt for a good closed back. The last Sony’s that I liked and owned were the legendary Sony MDR-CD3000.

Here is a detailed review by Todd on the set so far.

3 Likes

Cool! Looks near identical to the MDR-M1ST, wonder how different this is, this one is cheaper at 250 usd instead of (iirc) around 300 usd for the M1ST.

The driver in this seems to be a white LCP diaphragm.

2 Likes

So tempted to just blind buy this, lol. Looks like it could fit the bill for me for sure from what I am seeing but do want to get my ears on it, probably an Amazon buy and send back worst case. I’ll probably end up waiting a wee bit longer for more reviews to trickle out though…impatiently of course. :laughing:

1 Like

Fiio BTR17 coming with a volume knob.

https://twitter.com/FIIO_official/status/1833331131028222264/photo/1

The BTR17 is the next-generation model, succeeding the BTR7. It will feature Qualcomm’s latest flagship Bluetooth chip. Of course the Desktop Mode and high-precision multi-band PEQ (parametric equalizer) will be included.
Additionally, the BTR17 allows to switch between Bluetooth DAC/Amp mode, phone dongle mode, and USB DAC mode.
We will launch it around Nov, and it is expected to be about 200 USD.

Curios about its power output with their latest dongles being quite powerful. (KA11 220mW, KA17 650mW)

10 Likes

FiiO nailed the design once again :star_struck:

Who wants to buy my BTR7? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Meh. These stealth designs since the Q5 look like they’re meant to evade radar detection, nothing to do with what a DAC should look like. BTR3, KA11, KA5, BTR15, those are proper audio device designs.