Rumors and new releases thread

any predictions based on the clues? hometown, 2 models, new direction…

Keeping myself blind on this one lol, haven’t looked into it

Well, the companion to the E30 has arrived
4 Likes

Topping is releasing too many products. they have way too complicated a stack now.

funny…we usually say someone doesn’t have enough and complain…and then when they do serve all the budget levels, we complain the product base is too complicated, LoL!

3 Likes

They are competing with themselves allot, and some of their products have issues being reported. Meanwhile, other companies have either a few products at the low budget (entry level) range, then focus more on the higher end

1 Like

I think it would be good to have entry, mid and high end offerings…let others fill the gaps between those and let them fill the niche.

1 Like

Just confusing names now…

L30 is there to compete with Atom, Magni 3+/Heresy, Liquid Spark in that Headphone / Pre-Amp market. All of the functionality on the front fascia is only matched by the Atom/LiquidSpark. Manuel switching PRE/HPA is unique at the price point.

Pre-Amp functionality isn’t on their more budget minded offerings. So this is nice.

Looks sexy, to me. Good offering.

2 Likes

I really hope this is a warmer amp I really want more amps to try and compete with the liquid spark. Seems like most amps at this price point are just trying to replace one another instead of trying to do something unique with their sound.

1 Like

Considering its Topping…I’m doubting youll get something unique sounding. But itll test well on ASR (kind of a pre-requisite at this price point) and sound good.

All the stacks in this range are good buys.

1 Like

Aggreed.the only stack to finish now is the liquid spark with its own dac

1 Like

not quite. if we wanna be niggly about it, Schiit needs to release a Modi 3+ or something to match their entry level amp updates. :wink:

1 Like

So not something most of us are probably gonna be looking at, but… Is it me, or does the Razer BlackShark V2 (X) look fairly similar to the James Donkey 008 Zeos RIPPED on

It could just be the yokes though

1 Like

:thinking: lol

2 Likes

ifi Zen Can (non-drop version) available for $169.99. Apparently comes with 5V iPower supply for a limited time.
https://www.amazon.com/iFi-Balanced-Desktop-Headphone-Outputs/dp/B08DL99B5V

1 Like

Warning: Looks like the Zen Dac, but it’s just an amp, not a dac-amp. Heh.

They seem to do this a lot going through their stack
Ican pro
Xcan
Zen can
Wonder why they never did one for idsd black label

3 different inputs is nice, now we can put the other Zens with it for the Zen Gang Bang©

Zen Blue
Zen Dac/Amp
Zen Can
Zen Can 6xx
Zen Can Dac
The “ztack”

4 Likes

$80 less then the Drop version? Ha! If it’s the same, beyond the special 6xx mode, I don’t see Drop’s version having that much popularity

2 Likes

except the 6xx mode is supposed to really help…and on all the 600 family, not just the Drop’s 6xx.