Rumors and new releases thread

wonder if that includes the 58x, and even the 599 bboth headphones that sound like cheaper versions of the 600 series

These apparently have about half the power, but since the reviews said they are mostly overpowered for the class, this now seems quite an attractive option for the money. They may get me over the Element line, especially being a class A amp.

1 Like

Half the power as the drop version? I thought they had similar specs?

Schiit audio should have a new product announcement next week

2 Likes

I stand corrected, I saw some wrong number. The tech documentation on the ifi site put the same numbers. The SNR and THD are technically different, but at margin of error levels so, they should be basically the same, but without the “6xx mode”.

One interesting comment is the Drop page says the output impedance of the Signature is 0.25 / 0.5 Ohm (SE/BAL), while the tech document of the CAN says 24kOhm / 1MOhm. I don’t know if this means something sound-wise, but I really wanted to know how in the hell did they get such polar opposite numbers from what should be the same measure. Unless in ifi the “Zout” isn’t output impedance, but them wtf it is.

1 Like

0 to 50 or so sounds like a reasonable headphone output impedance. Things on the order of thousand of ohms sounds like it could be a preout or line out or something of that sort. But I could be wrong

1 Like

Yeah, yeah, the XD05 is old news, that’s last gen, man! You’ve head about there XD05+, right? But have you heard about the XD05 Plus+? This one has the bluetooth module built in!

Totally not poking fun at the naming scheme

1 Like

xDuoo Super XD-05 plus plus alpha 2 ultra turbo BL+

5 Likes

HIFIMAN RE-10 announced. Closed-back.
Correction: It seems to now be called the HIFIMAN HE-R10

7 Likes

They don’t seem to particularly hide the inspiration with Sony MDR-R10, what’s more they’re wearing it on their sleeve - it seems to be more than just another one of the …“inspired” designs that sometimes happen in China. Are they making it in agreement with Sony or something?

I don’t see much wrong in copying a 30-year old, long out of production design if they’re not infringing any active patents, but going as far as copying the name makes me think there’s more to it.

Dat bulge doe

I’m assuming HiFiman will be using a Planar and not a DD?..as for form? it’s a round cupped headphone with a carbuncle and a Wifi thingy :man_shrugging:

Lol. It does look weird. Took my brain a beat to figure out what was going on. My guess is the assymetry is to handle reflections. Symmetry, parallel surfaces, and sound waves often mix poorly.

2 Likes

Maybe angled drivers :thinking:

Apparently they will have a dynamic and a planar version. The planar version being at around 5k usd.

1 Like

:open_mouth: gosh just gosh.

Oh, so these are totl closed backs. Interesting

I don’t know how to feel about it lol. First off I don’t trust hifiman and a dynamic at this price range, and 2nd I don’t know how I would feel owing both the actual r10 and then a planar r10 by hifiman lol

It’s also a single sided cable too, damn it these better be able to be balanced, and this also better be a closed susvara

3 Likes

Will be interesting to see how they’ll implement that using the same driver housings?