Rumors and new releases thread

If I had 5k usd I think rather than buying these I’d look for a Sony MDR-R10 on the used market… this is just really strange to me tbh… they do look pretty nice though and I’m curious how they’ll be received/perform.

Very true, although the prices for an r10 get higher and higher lol. But yes with that money an r10 is most likely in grasp

1 Like

Yeah prices are pretty crazy for the R10 for sure… if this was a Sony release and not a Hifiman release I’d be much more excited lol

Same lol. I’ve got more of a curiosity in how their dynamic version actually stacks up to the r10, but it would just feel wrong to buy it when I’m sure the sony would come out on top. The planar one interests me way more if they made a more efficient closed susvara, but still having it “heavily draw” from the r10 is sightly off putting. And it’s not like it would be portable either because of the design, I already look stupid enough wearing the real r10 and would never take it outside, this is the same way lol

Well personally I don’t think I’ll be buying any of what we are chatting about but I do kind of hope you get to hear it at a show or demo it to give a comparison… for me, I do plan to travel to Japan one day and if I can find a way to listen to an R10 I think that’d be enough for me (until I hear it and want to buy it that is lol)

You would hope it’s technicalities are nearing susvara territory but yeah like you mentioned I don’t think that’s what they’re going for… maybe a bass heavy version with the dynamic and a bass light version with the planar :thinking:

I mean for the r10, the bass heavy version has basically neutral bass, the earlier units were rather bass light so sony addressed later units to have more bass lol, but I wouldn’t really call it a bass heavy headphone. Again I’m just worried about hifiman and a full size dynamic at this price range. While planar is their bread and butter, their dynamics like the edition s and the he350 or 35x have been pretty bad lol.

2 Likes

Interesting…I love my xd05+. Would def be interested in the new unit if they kept the same 1w on SE and not do the usual balanced priority power bs. Also prefer the gunmetal on the xd05+ vs the black on the new one.

That would most likely happen but if it wasn’t the case that would be pretty cool

1 Like

hifiman HE-R10 look pretty interesting , looks like you can run them wireless with Deva’s wireless module

Posted right above lol

oh shit XD. my bad should have scrolled up a lil higher

500mw on xd05basic and 300mw on the xp-2pro (inspired by q5s?). Apparently releasing in 2 weeks.
Xduoo seem to be eager to cannibalize their own market lol. Also ugly ass red knob on black/silver chassis…wtf xduoo?

3 Likes

they are also releasing a new dongle dac as well.

1 Like

I got this off a post on Head-Fi. Both curves are clearly raw, not compensated. No idea how accurate they are, of course, or whether the Hifiman curve represents the dynamic or planar model. The Sony curve seems to be along the lines of the original R10 model, based on M0N’s info above:

3 Likes

Isnt the xd-05 basic just the good old non-plus xd-05? Lol

“Yeah let’s make an xd-05 basic with the same specs as our first, basic xd-05, and upgrade the xd-05 plus with integrated bluetooth and call it xd-05 plus plus” Wadafaaaaaa :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Judging by the response on HF, your initial model number sounds about right, but it should have been “Hifiman REEEE-10” :laughing:

3 Likes

Not a great look for Hifiman.

3 Likes

I mean reading something like this makes me wonder if I will ever buy something from hifiman. I understand it is just business but being ahole ceo isn’t helping.

If it is all about best product why copy sony? Hifiman design and qc suck so I doubt they can even copy properly.

He’s kinda an ass in person tbh, I like his stuff but he’s too overconfident in his products. Also I actually can’t believe he is saying that it’s not based on the r10

1 Like

Personally, I can’t wait for the Monoprice version. I would honestly be shocked if they didn’t come out with one.

1 Like