Rumors and new releases thread

i wonder if they’ll keep the bass roll off and thin sound on purpose to keep it an ananda or if the stealth driver will solve those problems. never saw anything about them so its really odd that people already have them.

I wonder if it livens them up enough that they aren’t still obsolete now that the XS is out, as good but better because of the lower price.

I would hope they keep the price slashing consistent. The edition x was like $1600 MSRP at launch and the Ananda was $1000. With the replacement for the edition coming in at $1100 cheaper, I’d hope to see the Ananda stealth come come in at $350 but I’m sure that’s not happening.

probably $700ish at the lowest because they charge like $200 for that headband lol

1 Like
2 Likes

Here’s the communication from Burson that I received on intro deal.

mail

Our new flagship DAC / Head Amp / Preamp 3 in 1 Conductor 3X GT​

Squeeze seemingly impossible performance and versatility into impossibly small packages. That has been our self-imposed goal since day one.

Over the last 15 years, our Burson Conductor has delivered more with each revision while retaining its classic desktop-friendly footprint.

In the Conductor 3X GT, we have created the ultimate all-in-one by pushing our most iconic product to an entirely new level!

Key Features:

• The Conductor 3X GT takes that unique Burson house sound further with a new output stage for its dual ESS9038 DACs.
  • Running in pure Class A, it outputs 10 Watts into XLR and 5 Watts single-ended
  • Just like the Soloist GT, it uses so much current it needs active cooling.
  • An XMOS USB receiver customised by Thesycon in Germany, Accurately streaming DSD512 and 38bit/786khz audio files.

Bluetooth 5.0 receiver, which streams at 24bit/96khz with aptX HD and Sony LDAC audio codec.

It has a crazy amount of inputs and outputs, including chain start inputs and outputs, and even a subwoofer output as headphone + subwoofer is now a real deal thanks to the success of the Soloist GT. : )

Website Link: https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/conductor-3x-gt/
Ship from Early June 2022.
MSRP: 2999USD + shipping

Pre-order Discounted Offer + a free Cool Stand:

• 2699USD + 55USD delivery worldwide*
  • Pre-Order ends on the 31st of May.
  • Delivery in chronological order. So Don’t Wait!

Pre-order freebies:

1 X matching Cool Stand with GT red accent: It supports the TK-3i vertically, saving even more desktop space and further enhances the heat dissipation of this Class-A head amp (Retail value 125USD)

1 X Super Charger 5A: The Burson Super Charger 5A pushes the performance of the GT another 15% higher! We are including it in the pre-order so you can hear the best of the GT from the get-go. (Retail value 400USD)

• Delivery in chronological order.
  • You can cancel your order before it ships. Burson will refund the order via Paypal, less 5% transaction fee. (the part that we don’t get refunded by Paypal)
2 Likes

that thing looks like it would replace the soloist gt completely. the only thing from what i can tell that it doesn’t have that the soloist does is 3 gain stages (conductor has 2 and from the looks of it, it’s low and high, no medium) and crossfeed.

Bursoncat: I can haz Conductorburger?

Wonder if it’s going to be worthwhile or severely gimped by it’s internal DAC like the old conductor. Amp in it was great, DAC not really for the price, might as well just get a soloist + better DAC and you’d be better off. But can’t say since obs not heard it, I just am a bit weary after the older conductor

1 Like

Metallica Unveil Rye the Lightning Whiskey, Offer Free Download of Only Full Ride the Lightning Performance

The whiskey was crafted while utilizing low hertz frequencies from Metallica’s music to vibrate the barrels

1 Like

I suspect as such but you never know. It the Dac Is decent I know the 3gt amp stage if pretty great. This could be a tt2 killer at half the price. I’d like to bite on the pre sale price but their Prior Dac implementations were just not for me.

Seems like it would be an unbalanced vs unbalanced shootout lol, one is heavily dac weighted and the other is heavily amp weighted, it would likely come down to the headphones for sure

1 Like

Some news about fiio btr7. Seems like it gets bigger with a real display, 4.4mm and THX tech. Wonder how the power will change with its size and if they fix the not working EQ in USB and LDAC mode. Hope they upgrade to PEQ too. Price will be around $230

10_s
12_s
11_s
fiio-bt7

8 Likes

dangggg I was just thinking about getting a backup BTR5 guess I’ll be waiting for this now

Can I tell you about our Lord and savior? The holy Qudelix 5k?

I tried the BTR5, Qudelix 5k and Shanling UP5.

The Q5k has PEQ and is the best solution if you are into having PEQ. The biggest disadvantage of the Q5k is, that you may get cancer from those pesky buttons.

Overall I liked the UP5 the best. Best build and sound.

The BTR5 is very similiar to the UP5, but a bit cheaper, smaller, lighter and has a clip, which the UP5 lacks.

Soundwise from better to worse (tested with the Mest Mk2 - for higher impedance IEM/Headphones they probably all sound the same): UP5 > Q5k > BTR5

4 Likes

This has launched btw. The price is $209.

3 Likes

More ThieAudio is generally never a bad thing!

3 Likes

Stax and Edifier, with Audeze Fazor technology and Bluetooth. WTF?!?
Not exactly a “new” release but I haven’t heard about them so…

https://min.news/en/digital/8eb668b6ef711943e74b16b9bed53b0c.html

Also, this really looks like an LCD-1 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

most curious! though I am a bit concerned at iMedia’s time traveling trick, being they said these were released on May 27th, 2022…

1 Like