Rumors and new releases thread

What do you think about the sound of these?

That’s what I wasn’t sure of, thanks! It’ll be interesting to hear impressions.

I haven’t heard a single TWS that could remotely replace any wired IEMs yet, and that’s before issues of fit, and frustrating control/app/BT issues.

Didn’t care for the sound of the Sparks at all. Lypertek Tevi sounded pretty good (fit issues and still couldn’t replace wired).

I don’t necessarily need 300W+ but having at least 50W at 8 ohms should be the standard today.
They could just make a more powerful amp but they decided to make this weak one which will only be sufficient for desktop use or super sensitive speakers.

1 Like

initial impression are they played it safe with the tuning, slight V shape that’s pretty well balanced, basic comparison is that it seems closer the Tripowin Olina over something like a Tin T3+.
pretty narrow soundstage but I’m not surprised with how small these are, might have issues with busy songs but listening still in progress

1 Like

well you’re usually paying more for the features and the TWS more than the sound quality.
that said sound-wise I like the Soundcore Liberty 3 pro (flash sale for like $130), Sony WF-1000XM3 (refurbished for like $60) and AKG N400 ($50ish on sale)
haven’t had issues with the Sony so far but the other two have some connectivity issues sometimes that’s a hassle

1 Like

not a bad looking IA, but what’s with no sub-woofer outs?

also, they’re asking a pretty penny…I don’t think of Topping as a premium brand or product.

Agreed. Good point on the no sub outs. I didn’t catch that initially. After thinking about it for a bit there is no way I would pay the asking price for this amp. I just don’t see it. That said, I would still love to listen to one.

1 Like

I am not looking up many speaker amps especially ones without a DAC build in. Don’t think I ever saw a speaker amp without a DAC build in that has a subwoofer out, only know that from things like smsl ad18 or loxjie A30. I assume you would just use the RCA out from the DAC?

Seems like topping is looking at measurement guys with that product. At least they achieved to land on rank 1 on ASR with a 4x cleaner signal than a benchmark AHB 2 for $3500.

from previous conversation I’ve had, it’s usually due to these being paired with floor standing speakers which often do not require a sub. AV units are meant for home theatre and do. you need to split the signal via a pre-amp where one goes to your sub and the other your speakers. I don’t recall the fine bits of info on the why’s though, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

JVC has come out with a wireless ATMOS headphone for home theater.

it’s not cheap by any means, $999 USD. read about it here:

1 Like

Think this is around for quite some time now. Remember that I saw it somewhere. Can find reviews from 2020. Many bad Japanese ratings on amazon too.

1 Like

gotcha. I searched HFG for exofield, but nothing came up, so shared.

1 Like

Was this announced anywhere? I can’t find any info on them. Are they stealth magnet 560s?

3 Likes

a Moondrop Aria special edition that has a print of Hatsune Miku on it? I think I should have waited for that one back then instead of getting the regular version of the Arias, for I had a QC issue with it in regards to its paint job.

Oh well, I already have the Katos as an upgrade from the Arias and the Starfields I have.

That’s the one that normally sells for around 200 like the HE6se sells for 600 instead of full price, right?

For those that like Neumann closed-backs, now there is an open-back version of them. Curious to see if sound changes and how.
https://www.adorama.com/nmdh30.html

3 Likes

Oh wow, how did this go by unnoticed?

Don’t know, I just received a mail from Adorama about it. Didn’t find any news of it, even on the company website. Then again, it’s possible Neumann is targeting studios so we consumer level isn’t what they’re targeting.

1 Like

This kind of performance is just stupidly good and I don’t mean that in a good way. I would rather want double the power than unneccesary good SINAD.
If those chinese companies can’t come up with more powerful amps which are not only targeted towards desktop use I might change my mind.
The upcoming Soncoz power amp looks more promising and it looks like they want to compete with the AHB2

Is there a Ananda stealth edition too?

Strangely all Swiss shops…

Edit:
Oh, bone conduction hifiman for $37
https://m.hifiman.cn/products/detail/291

2 Likes