Rumors and new releases thread

Topping M50 just dropped for $229. Seems like a decent feature set, built in EQ, multiple different outputs, 5v power is convenient.

1 Like

Was a little excited about the EQ function for a living room setup, then disappointed because it is only available if You play from SD card…

miniDSP nanodigi is similarly expensive and has PEQ and all the other stuff, so why not get the miniDSP?

1 Like

The Nanodigi is not available for a long time now or at least I have no idea where (Europe).
Had a 2x4HD for a while as my DAC but was annoyed to connect my laptop for every little change. Measuringwise it is also not the best DAC there is.

Have a Qudelix 5K for now as my DAC. On the fly change via APP and 20 instead of the 4 custom presets the MiniDSP offer. Of course the Qudelix 5K is not the best DAC either and with some sources I have to use bluetooth instead of USB.

RME ADI 2 is a little pricey, doesn’t have 10 PEQ bands and I would have to do the changes on the tiny display.

I know nothing more than the above. I wonder how its tuning differs from the Fan.

3 Likes

LS60 leaked!

6 Likes

Others should be getting theirs soon

2 Likes

dayum those look good!

oooh, Googling these I see indications there’s an LS60 wireless bookshelf speaker coming too.

I wonder how expensive they’ll be. LS50 are slightly less expensive than the R3 bookshelves so the LS60 will probably be less expensive than the kef R7 or R11

New AKM DAC chip AK4499EX

4 Likes

I think I am interested in this. Of course, we will have to see what products get developed and what the price points will be. Any time I see the word “flagship” I pretty much turn the page because I already know I won’t be able to afford it! But we will see.

3 Likes

I’m guessing after the factory burned down, AKM may be selling off old stock that was already produced and replacing it with new products.

1 Like

Topping LA90 class AB speaker amp.

LA90 Power Amplifier-TOPPING

https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/topping-la90/

https://hifigo.com/collections/new-arrival/products/topping-la90-power-amplifier

I was excited for this one but once again, Topping Speaker amps are a disappointment. (Mostly because of low power. In this price range you can already get Purifi amp which are similarly clean and have 10x the power)

The LA90 is class AB though (says the ASR article), Purifi is Class D. Are there such powerful class A amps?

CL-200 delivers 200W into 8 Ohm. Not sure what you need more than 60W for in a home setup, but there you go.

Hmmm… I have to say I am somewhat intrigued. It’s strange that you have this integrated amp that can also be used as a mono block. I guess it speaks to the versatility of the solution. That said, there are seemingly other / better solutions out there that offer better output at a much better price. But still, if I had a chance to audition one I think I would. I also like how this new offering leans into other products in Topping’s lineup, such as the Pre90 and so on.

How does everyone feel about the power brick? At first I cringed but when you think about it this allows the unit to fit nicely on a desk.

Peacock Flight TWS

2 Likes

I didn’t think that was a new release? Unless the Kickstarter launched a while ago and they’re only just selling them now?

new because people are just getting them now?