Rumors and new releases thread

Plus the “discounted” from $918…

3 Likes

Dunu Talos presales started at 199$. I am kind of disappointed

3 Likes
4 Likes

Any particular reason for the disappointment?

The hybrid tuning does not look too exciting (or maybe it does in fact) + the rumoured price was ~60$ less for presales. One year ago I would take it not thinking twice, but now we live in world with planars from 50 bucks on, so this somehow is not that interesting anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The game moves fast, man!

2 Likes

I can agree with that.

Someone (Superreviews? Don’t quote me on that) said they thought they would have cost more, apart from general pricing expectations based on what’s competitive, I thought I had heard they’d be less than $200 too.

Not in today’s climate (Purple monster, modded S12, Hook X), unless they are hands down the best, and based on graphs, only one of their two tunings could be a candidate for that.

5 Likes

Yamaha is bringing out a new planar headphone. With 320g it’s pretty light. Not sure if the driver size says 50 or 90mm.

https://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/spv/2209/09/news152.html

9 Likes

I love the industrial design, hope they sound as good as they look. Wonder what they’ll be priced at.

Where have you seen the graph?

I guess the official one.

4 Likes

LETS FCKNN GOOOO. Yamaha back in the game. Fingers crossed they are serious about it.

Damn, I’m hella hyped.

5 Likes

The pure planar mode looks good to me.

2 Likes

The grill and set back jacks give me HD800 vibes.

Magnet structure looks totally different. No bars but one round magnet in the middle and one ring magnet (?) more to the edge.

16 Likes

ditto…they cloned Sennheiser!!! or Sennheiser is taking over?

Oh!

1 Like

New Topping combo unit

The highlights seem to be:

• It’s cheap $99
  • New AKM DAC
  • It’s smole 3.9"x3.8"x1.25" (10cm x 9.8cm x 3.2cm)
  • fairly low distortion

Single ended (quarter inch and 3.5mm)
High/low gain
280mW x2 @32ohm
51mW x2 @300ohm
LNRD circuit
USB in only w/RCA line out

3 Likes

39 posts were split to a new topic: Judging new products based on specs

Man this happened after I posted about the clone holo stuff about a month ago if you want to talk about this stuff please put it in the Do dacs matter thread and keep it out of the Rumors and new releases thread for the sake of us lurkers.

Imma just put random product that released a little while ago to get it back on new releases

The Vancer Ace is a brand new mousepad from the creator of the vancer gretxa and the vancer ice mousepad, it features a rainbow coating and coming from someone who owned the ice (recently sold it to a friend since I am thinking about getting this one) it is supposed to be as fast as that.

2 Likes