Rumors and new releases thread

I have been looking at the SU-10 to possibly replace the M200 in the bedroom. Tough choice though, because I have been enjoying the AKM chip that the M200 uses. Apos has it for $764.00 right now. Might just be time…

2 Likes

It’s a hecka safe harman target meeting option, but I’m quite impressed by the graph of the FiiO JD7 compared to the FD5 or Blessing 2, it has welcome differences to either of those.

Possible bottleneck after tuning: PU polymer diaphragm. Could be hit or miss for what it’s able to achieve, particularly when it comes to SLAM.

Besides that the tuning, build, accessories, and most likely comfort given the shell shape are quite a package for about $60 new on AliExpress.

EDIT: I cut and paste this as I thought this thread would be more appropriate than general IEM discussion, it wouldn’t let me paste because it was too similar to what I had posted (and then cut) I’m adding this EDIT addendum just to make this more “unique” and allow me to paste this here! Haha!

2 Likes

Do you have the graph for the JD7?

Not by me, but:

1 Like

iFi Go Link dongle…

2 Likes

has MQA…big nope from me…maybe / sorta / kinda / maybe…

3 Likes

Had no idea about these until Tony’s video on the Cadenza:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804326476236.html

They also cost the same as 2 Cadenzas. Even within its region, I can’t believe the Cadenza is selling for what it is, you’d think they’d easily get away charging $50 and boosting margins.

Only Kiwi Ears mentions anything about Beryllium on the driver…

I was not sure going in if he was setting it up to be “nothing special”. Then he said it knocks it out of the park like the Aful 5 does in its segment.

It’s good that it trades blows with $80-100 sets, I wonder if it will be able to “do what the Serial does for less”, but I think that’s dreaming for now.

I can’t pretend I’m not still in love with the Serial, I’ve been source rolling somewhat and finding that to have a cool influence on the profile, but can’t imagine much improving on the transducer end of the chain :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Same here - I was shocked when he mentioned the price on that ivipQ set - it has a tacky faceplate in my opinion, though. The Cadenza is a more tasteful interpretation, not to mention the price difference.

I won’t mention names but a certain budget reviewer has some high praise on the Cadenza. Comparing it to Olina in timbre … I’m looking forward to that review, for sure!

4 Likes

It’s me. He’s talking about me.

I saw Tony’s video and I was shocked when he put Olina on the table with it. And I’m not saying Cadenza is better either. But he put Olina on the table for a valid reason

1 Like

To be fair, you mentioned Olina/Cadenza first soo…

1 Like

This budget reviewer will get his Cadenza’s soon looking forward to what a $35 can do it’s been a while for me LOL!

1 Like

I’ve heard nothing but great things so it looks like you’re in for a ride!

So these are some IEMs XINHS sells… some unique looking, some OEM dead ringers…

In fact for the first one you can choose one of two completely different shells for equal price… some concern about how picky they were about sound as I wouldn’t think you’d get the same tuning out of drastically different cavities… 2DD apparently

The ones that look like the Dark Magician are also CNT diaphragm, HMMM

The Crusaders design is a riot!

All interesting one way or the other.

3 Likes

don’t let the bread boys know about the crusader IEM’s they’ll add audio reviews to their content :joy:

2 Likes

Tony and Chris both seemed impressed, and it is the set that killed the Maka release. I was planning on buying the Maka, so it seems only right to try Cadenza.

The fact that people are talking about it with Olina just makes it more appealing. Olina SE is my favorite single DD, and probably the best under $100 on the market.

3 Likes

My words on Cadenza are the next thing out (I always keep things in the order of listening to them), but put it this way:

I got TANGZU Wan’er like a week after Cadenza, and already completely wrote a review for them, and I haven’t started writing a Cadenza review…

1 Like

I have the Cadenza as well. They are the best iem that I have tried. I like them more than the Olina, Thieaudio Oracle (which I no longer have), and all of the various other iem’s. My IEM experience is a lot less than others so take what I think about them with that in mind. For me, the Kiwi Ears Cadenza have very good layering and imaging (I think) with some depth and significant enough width. What really makes them stand out to me though is how dynamic these sound. Even with this description, I don’t think I can really highlight why I like them so much. Based on my memory, these match my listening preferences much better than anything else that I have listened to from the iem world. Also, I did really, really, like the Oracles but needed the money for other gear.

2 Likes

Shanling M0 Pro.
BT 5.0, LDAC
ESS 9219, 90mW SE, 240mW BAL thru TRRS (!), 2,7VRMS, TRRS 3,5mm, matchbox size 43x45x14mm, 40g 130 USD. Not bad!!
If M1S would not turn up in 2 weeks I am buying as Q5k/BTR7 replacement

3 Likes