Rumors and new releases thread

you forgot to get the select ii

Isn’t that LP dac the same price range as bifrost 2? Has me relatively curious as well.

As someone who purchased the Elegia and can’t wait to try them, I am very curious about how they perform. Also, maybe this is the prelude of other closed-back they intend to launch since the Elegia is discontinued.

1 Like

Cheaper than the BF2 by $200.

I would be really concerned about it, since cavalli doesn’t really do many dac designs, and I worry that it would be a bog standard implementation

2 Likes

M0N, do us all a favor. Grab those cavelli dacs and write a review lol

Yep. That’s what gives me pause. Cavalli has lots more amp designs than DAC designs. The price and cosmetic match to the Liquid Plat amp are attractive, but I’m gonna wait for some to get ears on before I throw $500 at it for sure.

As much as I want to, I picked up other dacs recently lol and I don’t need anymore

Who me? I don’t do reviews lol

I sure hope they didn’t just slap his name on it without him having any involvement (which perhaps could happen)

I think it’s only $499.00.

Likewise. I don’t recall Cavalli doing any DACs in his heyday. To me, it seems to be outside of his wheelhouse.

The Cavalli DACs from Monoprice never registered on my radar. Now, his Liquid Gold X certainly looks interesting. I’m wondering how close it approaches the OG Liquid Gold.

What ever happened to his Liquid Tungsten that he was demoing prior to shutting down Cavalli Audio?

If he resurrects his Liquid Glass (incl. internal power supply), then I’d be all over that in a heartbeat.

No, he was aware of it.
There was some push back on the Liquid Gold having a built in DAC on head-fi, he suggested people wait until they’ve had a chance to hear it. The LP DAC came up in the same discusssion.

I don’t think it will but who knows

No idea, it seemed pretty awesome

:+1:

Very interesting, seems like he’s somewhat confident in it now

1 Like

with is AC doing with himself? working on colab projects like the Monolith stuff…or is there more going on somewhere?

I would just assume he’s doing freelance design work now, but idk

Wouldn’t assume that, he’s really just doesn’t make big claims about anything.
There are advantages and disadvantages to putting a DAC inside an amp, I’d guess the additional COG is small, and it likely increases your potential audience.

The LP DAC might be interesting, I’d assume it’s probably a discrete output section.

I’d have bought the Liquid Gold if it had shipped when it was supposed to, but I’d probably be looking at something higher tier at this point.

1 Like

M0N should buy the liquid gold x and tell me if i should buy it or not LMAO :kissing_heart:

Uggggg cmon lol, I’m curious but I don’t know if I need to buy one

2 Likes

you know you waaaaaaaaaaan to!

In this hobby, if we just buy what we need, I’m pretty sure we would have stopped at the 100 to 200 dollar mark. Maybe even lower. =P

7 Likes