Rumors and new releases thread

The thing with gaming audio is its an often forgotten part of a setup that by the time people start thinking about especially those new to PC’s they are usually out of money so if these companies start figuring this shit out we should start seeing the sub $100 market grow cause right now it’s sorta Dominated by dongle dacs like the meizu hd pro which is excellent but can’t really drive much past iems

We are already seeing that with this current generation of $100 amps and dacs it’s just for a lot of people that’s also their budget for a headphone is a $100 to $150 . So yeah I hope more companies jump in on these and I hope the audiophile community will actually look at them rather than poopoo it and ignore it like soundcard’s and motherboard audio for the most part

I wasn’t referring to motherboard audio, I was referring to gaming companies actually releasing external type of audio products. Some like Creative already do this, but the quality is sub par (IMO).

I know that EVGA has been getting into the audio side of things with their Soundcard releases the past few years. Interesting to see if that continues.

3 Likes

Gateway drug

1 Like

Due to my newfound love of my liquid platinum amp… This has me really curious!
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=38966

2 Likes

Be interesting to see if that dac is worth the cost of entry.
I’m interested in the Liquid Gold (X), which has been having the same release date changes.

wonder where the Liquid Bronze n Silver are. :wink:

If it ever decides to come out lol

The smsl m200 just came out

3 Likes

Strictly balanced connection hm, little strange, but I feel like geshelli is always a touch strange haha

2 Likes

well, the 2.5 is balanced in, but se out only…there was some clamor about that, so it isn’t a surprise that they did redesign and created a balanced only model granted, I think it would have been better to release something with both…but is what it is.

oooh, looking fwd to reviews! looks like it’s got that weird lean to it as well, to match their ThX amp :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yep I have the 2.5, personally really don’t mind too much that it’s single ended out only, really doesn’t need balanced. Kinda like that they do things a little different than most others.

yes…popular opinion on he 2.5 is that it’s se is so good it challenges some more expensive amps with balanced out put. same for the Magni 3+ and Heresy.

1 Like

So a couple of things:

Drop DAC & TOTL Amp.

source

2 Likes

im just beginning to think this is their answer to the atom and heresy. but like I dont mind all this competitions its nice on the lower end of things

1 Like

I swear if it’s thx based, that would be unfortunate for their totl

Doubt it will be thx based. But it’s most likely going to be an op amp based design reminiscent of the heresy

I’ve heard a few high end op amp designs like the burson conductor 3x and the sparkos aries which were pretty sweet, so that would be promising

Think this is extremely likely.
Probably to compete against the Benchmark.