Rumors and new releases thread

Ikea’s Sonos collaboration isn’t half bad, I mean if they have taken over anything from that maybe those sound pretty good, at least for the items that fall in that market space at least.

A really interesting interview, I hope Ian is able to make more, grateful for this:

I love that they have a very specific goal for the tuning and have been perfecting it. I am seriously considering backing it to support them being passionate about their tuning, and TBH from their description I think I would love it.

5 Likes

Dunno if new, but I havent seen this before at least.

DD + BC (piezo based) TWS 350 usd

1 Like

OG SA6, even the ugliest RNG faceplate I saw looks better imo.

2 Likes

That looks too warm even for me.

6 Likes

An article and more images of the prototype headphone from Axel Grell

8 Likes

I’ve been interested in these since spotting them in Zeos’ CanJam video - the $300 target price point just increased that interest significantly. As did the information they’re using biocellulose drivers. If this has bass and soundstage it might turn out very interesting indeed.

9 Likes

so open back fostex? :joy: yes plz

1 Like

6 Likes

Zeos will shill on this. It’s even Purple!

5 Likes

guessing $1000ish?
android 12 is nice to see

they just dropped the non pro like 3 weeks ago!

I wonder if they are trying to stay within 3 generations of OS behind, lol. Android 14 will be coming out with the next wave of phones. Android 12 should be good from a stability standpoint since most apps are still programed with that OS in mind (install base is still good). If they stuck with android 10 like a lot of current models it might have caused issues during the life cycle of the device (provided that you are using third party apps). The Snapdragon 665 is getting a little old, but it should still get the job done. That chip being carried over is probably a cost saving measure to keep it within a targeted price point? The $1,000+ price point would make sense I guess. Either way I am curious how it performs/sounds.

1 Like

he’s getting really frustrated with those accusations.

honestly, it’s not hard to like most of the audio gear coming out and the stuff sent to Z tends to be from sources that know what their doing. he always points out negative stuff, but then again, there is no perfect product and the pros generally outweigh the cons.

also, he’s a cheerful guy who doesn’t go out of his way to focus on being negative.

5 Likes

I don’t disagree. It’s hard to depict tone with words. Yes, I meant that jokingly/half seriously. But I did not mean my comment in an aggressive and mean-spirited way. It was also not with exasperation. It was in a light hearted way. He truly loves the color purple and is always looking for the positive in audio gear. Personally his style is entertaining and doesn’t bother me.

7 Likes
2 Likes

The discrete version of the Topping LA90 power amp has been released

replaces the non-discrete one.
That was a surprise for me.

4 Likes

Good to see more output power. LA90 was really weak

1 Like

Alpha: JoyAudio Shine
+
Beta: KZ ZVX

= D-Fi?

When we getting Hi-Fi? Next month? :joy:
Or maybe start with Lo-Fi and move up. :rofl:

5 Likes

Whats the D-Fi ?
Looks like a Joyodio Shine.
Hopefully doesn’t sound like ass like the IEM mentioned above.