Rumors and new releases thread

Arya impedance seems to have dropped from 32 to 16 Ohm. Ananda 16 > 14 Ohm.

7 Likes

Love the new design of them, hopefully the upgrades sound wise are good

6 Likes

I traded My Arya v2 plus $300 for a v3 like two months ago through their trade up program… now theres a v4 with a different impedance thats fucking annoying

4 Likes

You had to send your V2 to china for this or US / EU warehouse ? How long it took until you got the V3 back?

Hifiman is following the chifi IEM market I guess. Pumping out new models with minor differences so people keep buying stuff. Think they all learned from the (chinese) phone market, every few months new model releases.

3 Likes

There’s a possibility that it’s using a 1-Bit DAC like the one in their N7 DAP. If true, just like the RU6 made it affortable to try an R2R DAC, this one could give a taste of what the 1-Bit DAC can do at a more reasonable price.

2 Likes

They had me send it to their warehouse in New York. I happen to not live very far so the turnaround time was pretty quick, 5 days from when I sent them out to when I got the V3’s at my doorstep.

3 Likes

If that’s the actual price… I’m willing to bet it’s not going to be worth the price tag

1 Like

That is indeed :joy:

1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t understand this product at all. What makes it worth so much more than the Fiio UTWS5 or the Shure TW2? I don’t get what the justification for the price is.

2 Likes

I would assume better quality sound than the fiio would offer, but honestly at that point if you’re spending this much and after mainly sound quality, just go wired with a dac/amp or dap and you’ll probably get better sound for the money. You can get some real nice dongles or portable dac/amps at that price point that are probably going to outperform the ifi (even stuff from ifi themselves lol), but I guess I can’t say that without hearing them first

Just seems awkwardly priced, being too expensive to justify for the convenience of wireless, but also probably doesn’t compete well with wired options around the same range for raw sound quality either. Don’t know for sure though until people try it

5 Likes

They come paired with an IEM as a package…

Which is kinda weird to me as I reckon most folk wanting/using those IEM’s probably ain’t interested in using them as TWS :man_shrugging: apparently after the initial paired offerings are sold (don’t hold your breath :smile:) the Go Pod will be available on it’s own…price unknown at the moment :+1:

Given the link @BluJay614 posted, looks like it’s 400 bucks on its own without any iems

4 Likes

Gosh they sold all the original pairings?..no way lol.

Edit…I did post about the Go Pod on the Rumours thread a while back and I’m really sorry I can’t remember who replied saying the first 200’ish? Go Pod’s would be sold as a paired item, then they would be available on their own :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I just looked at a video of it out of curiosity because the only reason I see this type of product existing is because it offers an upgraded experience alternative to a TWS, in which the selling point of these would be that it should be pocketable. But it’s massive, it totally defeats any purpose it has given its size. A separate DAP/DAC might even take up less space.

1 Like

The first 1000 will be sold as a package and the bundle price puts them at $200 for the go pods. After that they will sell solo for $400. That’s what ifi said.

As for what justifies the price… I think it’s got a quite a few things over other similar offerings but $400 is still too steep imo. Its does LDAC which no one else does, it’s got a decent amount more power than the utws5, it’s got a dedicated amp vs integrated like the utws5, it auto impedance matches, also the connectors are interchangeable so you only need one pair of go pods to support your IEM collection unlike the fiio options where you gotta buy mmcx to 2 pin adapters.

I would pay 250, maybe 300 but not 400

3 Likes

Thanks for clarification buddy :beers:

No way they sold that many…

4 Likes

Oh I don’t think did or will lol. The bloom audio page is a pre order so I assume they still have stock left to sell. You are better off buying the meteor combo and selling the meteor

1 Like

I know I mentioned $200 and I’d consider it

2 Likes

1 Like