Rumors and new releases thread

Woah if the MKIII is actually $1000 I’m in. I fully expected them to increase the price but it makes sense due to the Prestige LTD being in the lineup. Nice, thanks for the confirmation :muscle:

3 Likes

Corsair buys Drop.

only their keyboard stuff is spoken about though, so only time will tell what happens to their audio parts.

2 Likes

corsair getting decent audio maybe? lol
plus premium keebs

Corsair went public 3 years ago and is owned by hedge funds now, so all they want is $$$ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Harmon Kardon shows off their Aura Studio 4 speaker.

how do these sound? well, the previous releases that is, are they any good?

1 Like

Over a week has passed and I must admit that this JCally has been growing on me. Not sure if it’s me that adjusted or the device itself - but it seems to sound much, much better.

Great separation and clarity. Just enough energy to the lower notes - which saves warm headphones from becoming muddy. Yet, I wouldn’t call it bright. It’s neutralish and seems to give those lower frequencies a tiny bit more power than Tanchjim Space.

The most important thing: it’s my first DAC/AMP that does not make any clicking/popping sound when you plug or unplug anything to it. It’s dead silent.
I love it!

1 Like

Moondrop Starfield 2

2 Likes

Ahhh Moondrop, the finest sounding IEMs, if you don’t mind them falling apart in a few months, and it isn’t like Moondrop stands by their warranty.

1 Like

personally the only issue I’ve had with moondrop was a bad cable and they sent me a new one right away ymmv

I have owned 4 Moondrop products, the oldest ( SSP ) is the only one that made it past 6 months, and it is still fine, I just don’t listen to it very often.

2 Likes

I have 3 Moondrop IEMs and the newest is 2 years old; all 3 are working perfect now as they did from new.

2 Likes

Bought Variations off amazon and faceplate almost came off 2 weeks in, .78mm connectors became loose with the stock cable too. Ez return.

2 Likes

2 hours left until live stream.

Edit: Trailer was very dissapointing…less info than what is already leaked here:

2 Likes

Bunch of reviews have dropped for the XM5.

Here is one of them.

(still no graph afaik.)

3 Likes

welcome to HFG, wueer01! it sucks to have a bad experience like that and now you can commiserate with others who know your pain. :wink:

1 Like

So I ignored the Starfield II news initially since the first one wasn’t very interesting to me, until something was pointed out to me - it comes with a vent plug for increased bass, the apos listing just briefly mentions it but moondrop website has a graph:

Needless to say they got my attention now.

3 Likes

Soooo V shaped though! Strong eardrums required. I have to tap out on shallower Vs than that.

1 Like

well well, this is interesting.

(+20db sub boost at 20hz!)

4 Likes

something about a cover too if you don’t want that much bass