Rumors and new releases thread

Well…looked good on paper!

1 Like

Apos is selling tubes now

2 Likes

The name alone puts me off never mind product

That is snake oil if I’ve ever seen it regarding tubes. They dont tell you who the manufacturer is so those could be jj or they could be Chinese since they are newly made etc. Quality 12au7s do not cost 150$ for a matched pair and if they are selling it on newly made then they need to bring the receipts on who is making it. Without it is just a huge profit margin for them potentially. Hell the regular price was 180$ RIP!

6 Likes

yeah that NOS tube pricing. I would never pay that for a matched pair of 12au7s

3 Likes

Yeah that’s really suspicious, there really aren’t many new production 12au7 that really get close to that price, so I really have to wonder how much they’re adding on top for that one

Oh they absolutely can and do, some of the rarer NOS can easily get past that price point for sure. Not saying you have to spend that much to get a quality tube, but there’s plenty older non new production tubes that reach that, and there’s reasons some of the 12xx7 nos variants really get high in price (some of them are actually worth it in sound, some of it scalping though).

The concern is that this is new production. If this was selected high quality nos, imo price would be reasonable, but with new production, (from what I’ve heard) they really haven’t met anywhere close the quality of older nos yet imo, and there aren’t many new production 12au7 that I’ve heard that really justify that price imo (and many new production 12xx7 tend to be on the cheaper side as well). Really would want to know what tube I’m buying for that money rather than the apos “trust me bro” special. Really weird marketing when half of it is “don’t roll the dice on nos” but you’re instead rolling the dice on totally unknown new production tube instead lol

5 Likes

well some of the more popular tubes I’ve heard about are $70ish each so $140ish/pair IF Apos is doing a good job with their “cherry picking” potentially could be a great deal, but yes not saying who their sources are is hopefully something that’s corrected soon

• Medical Material Front Chamber & Aircraft Grade Aluminum Rear Chamber
  • Customized Dynamic Driver & Balanced Armature Driver
  • Detachable High-end Cable With 0.78mm 2-pin Connector
  • Ergonomic Design For Better Wearing Comfort
  • Tuned Towards The Harman Target Curve
    7HZ Sonus – Linsoul Audio

For new production? $70 is on the extremely high end from my experience. Most popular brands like JJ and and Mullard are closer to $20 than $70. Just looking at thetubestore.com and the most expensive set they got is still under $70 so I don’t see how this is a great deal

1 Like

Oh your right you can find insane prices for really rare quality tubes in general. I was meaning that decent new can cost 40$ a pop, but you don’t need to spend 75per especially if you don’t know what exactly your buying.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have to agree that this thing with the Apos Ray tubes seems a bit fishy. I’m willing to wager that they are new production, made in China. I am not sure they are going to be worth the asking price. That said, no one really knows until you slam a set in an amp and give them a go. I’m good for now.

1 Like

Sort of interested now to see how they really hold up against various other new production, but don’t really want to spend that much for a gamble when I already have a fair amount of tubes that I like stocked up lol and it seems kinda sketch, only have 2 pairs of amps that can use 12au7, and both of them already have really nice tubes so would be an uphill battle for them lol. But I’d prefer if there were some good new production for that tube type so I wouldn’t have to worry about trying to find some reliable nos types, I got lucky on my lampizator of mainly favoring new production tubes, would be nice if someone can actually make a 12xx7 that can compete with some of the better nos. fwiw I think new production larger tube types like dht have exceeded some of the older nos, but that hasn’t happened with the smaller preamp tubes yet (which are much more common and more in demand lol)

3 Likes

1 Like

$25 for a pair of ANC TWS has me a bit concerned…
Moondrop Space Travel TWS Earphone Bluetooth 5.3 Noise Canceling True Wireless Stereo IEMs https://a.co/d/drkjlRh
I could be wrong, but that price is pretty low.

single BA tws for 300 usd. GL HF

3 Likes

It’s probably not justified but I just want to say I hate Astell and Kern and their overpriced junk. Even when I’ve listened to their DAPs they’ve sounded bad and been clunky and sluggish.

Edit: I feel like they’re the high form high price option that people with no clue would buy, using the pricetag as a shortcut to assume they’re getting the best. The epitome of “brands that advertise in the in-flight catalogue for people to burn money off on”

8 Likes

New Hisenior T4U in blue a 4 BA with tuning switches. Single graph curve

Olavango hybrid I made a custom version also has switches. Graph with multiple tunings.

New direction from Hisenior is exciting!

2 Likes

N30LE, A Transformative Milestone: 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Digital Audio Player

Key Features:

Digital Decoding:

Dual AK4499EQ, Flagship 32-bit DAC chipset, mono mode, paralleled current outputs.
Decode PCM up to 32bit/768kHz, DSD up to 1 Bit/22.6MHz (DSD512).
Ample 2x2 IV converter network to enhance DAC output.
Comprehensive digital output option: I2S (mini HDMI), USB Audio (USB-C), and S/PDIF Coaxial (Embedded USB-C).

Analog Amplification and Connectivity:

Balanced tube amplification with matched paired KORG Nutube 6P1.
Fully-discrete fully-balanced NPN/PNP Push-pull headphone amplifier supports dedicated 3.5mm single-ended and 4.4mm balanced phone output.
Triple Timber (Nutube Classic, Nutube Modern, Solid-state) from Gen3 vacuum tube audio circuit.
Dual Amplifier Mode (Choice of Class A/Class AB).
Dual Output Mode: P (Standard) and P+ (High Power) mode.
Hyper Mode: Combing Class A, P+, and numerous operation adjustments to deliver ultimate performance.
Highly linear volume control through a pair of low noise, low distortion resistance ladder-based MUSES72320 stereo electronic volume.
Desktop grade 3.5mm single-ended (2.1V, 1.6V, 1.0V) and 4.4mm balanced (4.2V, 3.2V, 2.0V) selectable output level Line Out.
3.5mm single-ended and 4.4mm balanced Preamp output.

Other Features:

470mF/5.5V ELDC (Electric Double-Layer Capacitor) ultra-capacitor as power reserve in the main power supply system.
Compartmented CNC Aluminum frame to improve heat dispersion, reduce internal interference and minimize vacuum tube microphonic.
CNC machines TC21 Titanium alloy steel chassis for lightweight and robustness.
Snapdragon 665 CPU with 8G DDR4 RAM running customized Android 12 with Google Player preinstalled.
Storage capacity: 256 GB internal memory, one microSD card up to 512 GB.
DTA bypasses Android SRC, Hi-Res playback, and streaming to all applications.
6.0” 1080x2160 FHD+ Incell screen support double tap to wake and gestures
12570mAh (3.8V, 48Wh) high-capacity polymer lithium-ion battery, support PD2.0 fast charging technology.
156mm x 89mm x 25mm, ~650g.

N30LE will be available in two versions. The N30LE standard package will be limited to 300 sets globally. There will be a special N30LE Amber Pearl version, only 99 sets are available. This a bundle package with UM Amber Pearl IEM. We have worked with the UM engineering team to fine-tune the IEM, and our engineers have fine-tuned the N30LE DAP accordingly for the best possible synergy.

N30LE (300 units worldwide)
SRP: US$4,999

N30LE Amber Pearl Combo (with UM Amber Pearl IEM)
SRP: US$12,999

4 Likes

Insanity.

…10 char limit

4 Likes

I’m really enjoying my Mega5P. It is very coherent sounding for a hybrid, with excellent timbre, and enough warmth to enhance the musical experience without clouding up the detail retrieval. The dynamic driver is very fast and easily keeps up with the balanced armatures. Plus it fits perfectly and comes with a nice cable with interchangeable terminations, a big and sturdy storage box, and good selection of silicone ear tips. Just an outstanding purchase and experience all around. Look forward to what they can do in the future.

4 Likes